T'Bird Athlon with Gigabyte Motherboard ?

Old August 31st 03, 10:50 AM
Wolfy

Default T'Bird Athlon with Gigabyte Motherboard ?

"Sir Pudgie" wrote in message
. au...
Will a 1.2 Ghz Athlon (Thunderbird) with a 200FSB work OK with a GA-7DXE
motherboard. I will have some 2100 DDR RAM also. Anything wrong with

this
combination, and will the DDR RAM work at 266Mz or will it be pegged at
200Mhz.

Get your pencil out and get that CPU running at 266fsb! ;-)

I have heard about this but have no details ?

Old August 31st 03, 11:03 AM
Sir Pudgie

Get your pencil out and get that CPU running at 266fsb! ;-)

I have heard about this but have no details ?

It's very easy, I've done it to about a dozen T-birds and Durons! :-)

You can find details at places like www.overclockers.com

Athlon 64 motherboard Peter Overclocking AMD Processors 3 August 18th 04 08:43 PM
Athlon motherboard and PSU advice please John Fryatt Homebuilt PC's 0 August 17th 04 09:53 PM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM
Chip fan doesn't run on Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard Luke General 13 February 8th 04 12:12 AM
Athlon 2400+ and Gigabyte Triton series mobo: Overclock? who be dat? Overclocking AMD Processors 7 November 20th 03 04:52 PM