suggestions with unknown device

Old August 27th 03, 09:21 PM
Bob Wright

Default suggestions with unknown device

I have exactly the same problem with unknown device as Wizard of Odd in
a previous post.

quote In my hardware manager i have an "unknown device" (under Other
Devices) with an exclamation point. Clicking on Properties shows me
that there is no driver, but the location is "on VIA Standard PCI to ISA
Bridge". The device status is "The drivers for this device are not
installed. (Code 28)". I cannot reinstall nor update the driver for
whatever it is. What is this device, and why do i have this message?
My computer is working fine. I know i can simply disable it, but i'd
rather know what's going on. end quote

GA-7VRXP (ver 2)
F-12
Via 4in1 is installed
I don't find anything in the bios about memory card reader??

Problem started after upgrading bios to F12
WinXP Pro can find no driver

Bob Wright

Greggmendel wrote:

One possibility: the BIOS may be set up to expect a memory card
reader: you may want to check that. If so, just changing the BIOS to
turn that function off will clear up the problem.

Old August 28th 03, 01:53 PM
TerryJ

Go into BIOS setup and disable memory card reader/smart card reader
device.... fixed mine.

Greggmendel wrote:

One possibility: the BIOS may be set up to expect a memory card
reader: you may want to check that. If so, just changing the BIOS to
turn that function off will clear up the problem.

The Wizard of Odd wrote:

---

Old August 29th 03, 02:53 PM
TerryJ

Integrated Peripherals (on right side top of BIOS setup screen), then
disable onboard SC interface and onboard MS/SD interface if you don't need
them.
"Bob Wright" wrote in message
Where is this, I didn't find it.

Bob