GA-7NNXP settings?

Old September 2nd 03, 04:56 PM
Jeff Shultz

Default GA-7NNXP settings?

Okay, the last time I built a computer PC133 ram was something new and the
mobo pretty much autosensed everything and came up with the right anwers.

This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I've just bought a GA-7NNXP with PC2700 SDRAM and an Athlon XP 2800+ CPU.

The Award BIOS configuration and the manual is... interestingly obscure.

I've got my FSB Frequency set to 166mhz, which seems to be the right number
according to AMD.

My Memory Frequency is By SPD (what's an SPD?) at 333mhz, which seems
right. At least by doing it that way it doesn't change everytime I mess
with the FSB Frequency.

Now I want to get my 2800+ cranking where is should, which, according to
AMD, is 2083mhz on a 12.5x multiplier (is this the CPU ratio in the
Frequency/Voltage Control menu?) of 166mhz... if so, 12.5x isn't an option
on that menu - 12x is, though. I've had it set to "Normal" (what is
normal?) and 5x, and in either case it simply reports the CPU as an
"Athlon XP running at 1250mhz" - is that 1250 a hint as to the multiplier?

If I set the CPU Ratio to 12x, which seems closest to what I have (I don't
want to overclock), how do I get the system to report the real speed?

Thanks!
--
Jeff Shultz