Monitor won't display efter installing a video card on an a7v8x-mx motherboard

Old December 10th 03, 04:29 PM
Salva

Default Monitor won't display efter installing a video card on an a7v8x-mx motherboard

I have bought an ASUS a7v8x-mx motherboard
(http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...x/overview.htm) and
installed WinXP without any problems.

When I then install Matrox RTX.100
(http://www.matrox.com/video/support/...o/rec/home.cfm) video
card (not a graphics card), my monitor won't display anything. When I take
the video card out of the computer the monitor works.

Is there a BIOS setting I could change?

I have installed the newest updates for BIOS but it didn't helped.

Can anyone help me please?

-salva

Old December 10th 03, 09:03 PM
Paul

In article , "Salva"
wrote:

I have bought an ASUS a7v8x-mx motherboard
(http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...x/overview.htm) and
installed WinXP without any problems.

When I then install Matrox RTX.100
(http://www.matrox.com/video/support/...o/rec/home.cfm) video
card (not a graphics card), my monitor won't display anything. When I take
the video card out of the computer the monitor works.

Is there a BIOS setting I could change?

I have installed the newest updates for BIOS but it didn't helped.

Can anyone help me please?

-salva

Do you know if the video capture board functions as a frame buffer ?
Maybe if the BIOS is set to detect a PCI VGA card before an AGP
VGA card, it is actually displaying the desktop on the video capture
card ?

That is about all I can think of. Looking in the -mx manual, I don't
see an option for VGA PCI/AGP detection order, or even an option to
disable onboard graphics. If the Matrox board claims it is a "graphics
card" in its declaration of board type, maybe that is enough to throw
off the BIOS.

HTH,
Paul
Old December 10th 03, 10:09 PM
Salva

Do you know if the video capture board functions as a frame buffer ?
Maybe if the BIOS is set to detect a PCI VGA card before an AGP
VGA card, it is actually displaying the desktop on the video capture
card ?

That is about all I can think of. Looking in the -mx manual, I don't
see an option for VGA PCI/AGP detection order, or even an option to
disable onboard graphics. If the Matrox board claims it is a "graphics
card" in its declaration of board type, maybe that is enough to throw
off the BIOS.

I also thought that it was VGA PCI/AGP detection settings I should change
but there is no option for that, as you say...

I will try and disconnect my extra hard disks and see if it is a the card
gets enought power... But I don't think it's the reason

Old December 10th 03, 10:10 PM
Salva

I'm not familiar with that board but basically you'd want to Disable the
onboard graphics and the Shared AGP Memory in the BIOS, then put the
video card in.

There is no on-board graphic card. I'll try if I can disable the shared AGP
ram.

Thanks

-salva