Dead A7V333 after BIOS flash

Old November 30th 03, 06:52 AM
Dragula

Default Dead A7V333 after BIOS flash

My A7V333 died tonight, and I'm wonding how successfull people have
been sending these back for repair/replacement? I gotta find the bill
I guess.. bought it I think last fall.

It's a version 1.xx board (so Asus probe reported). I used the Asus
Update tool to flash a new bios (the 1018 beta) and then rebooted.
The board now comes up with an error 41 (according to my IPanel). I
can't find any info on that, aside from one other person reporting
this same error. I've taken the CMOS battery out, shorted the pins,
still nothing. My last step is to put in an older CPU and slower RAM,
see if that doesn anything.

I put in a 2600+ barton and new 333mhz ram tonight, and it booted
fine. I then wanted to update the BIOS with hopes that I could get
full support for the 333mhz FSB of the new CPU.

I'm pretty ****ed, because.. and isn't this ALWAYS the case, I had a
project to work on with this machine (my video editing system).

I'm gonna buy a new mobo in the morning, and hope I can get up &
running without too much problem, and then down the line maybe put the
A7V333 to use in some other application.

Sigh.

-John

Old November 30th 03, 08:51 AM
the gnome

"Dragula" wrote in message
[...]

.

If you put a pair of headphones in the audio socket the voice may give you
some idea as tot he problem.

Can you boot to a floppy, if so you can create a floppy on a friends
computer that you can flash the BIOS back to a previous version.

If your friend has an A7V333 then I can email you a method of getting your
machine up and running for you to reflash the BIOS. But it is ascarey and
nerve racking method.

With the Barton in, did you get the correct multiplyers for it to run at
full speed.

the_gnome

Old November 30th 03, 09:28 AM
the gnome

This link may help.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/faq/q...px?KB_ID=81435

the_gnome

Old November 30th 03, 09:33 AM
the gnome

http://bioscentral.com/postcodes/supersoftbios.htm

This may also help, BIOS checksum error

the_gnome

Old November 30th 03, 12:24 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:52:22 GMT, My brain dual boots Concious and
Subconcious but I never had a choice but then Dragula
wrote :

[...]

If this is an AMI BIOS get a known good .rom file and copy it to a
freshly formatted floppy disk.Rename it to amiboot.rom
Place the floppy in the drive and power up and bugger off and do
something for half an hour.It may seem that nothing is happening but
if you are lucky the boot block will be in tact and the BIOS should be
re-flashed to the known good bios.
for Award BIOS see on this page,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/awardflash.html

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old November 30th 03, 09:57 PM
iCE Fashing

Vist my webpage if you need a replacement chip or you existing chip re-flashed..
bioschips.deletewindows.com

Old December 1st 03, 11:43 AM
tomcas

Disable the JumperFree mode (pg 19 in manual), set your CPU frequency
jumpers (pg 20), and clear the CMOS again. Once you get it booted
successfully, you can shut down and switch it back to Jumper free settings
(both JEN and SYSCLK jumpers).