A7N8X Maxtor SATA drive no boot

Old July 23rd 03, 01:36 PM
Phut

Default A7N8X Maxtor SATA drive no boot

Still no luck and Maxtor say they've many Asus A7N8X Dx (v1.04, BIOS 1004)
mobo users complaining of this problem of the SATA drive not being seen by
the motherboard. They think it is the boot sequence. But I find this
difficult to accept since I have it set according to their site!

Motherboard jumper enabled

Adavnced BIOS Features:
1st boot floppy
2nd boot CDROM
3rd boot SCSI
Boot Other device enabled
Boot up Floppy Seek enabled

With these set and only the SATA drive plugged in to the primary socket and
trying to do a fresh install of WinXP, the motherboard does not see the SATA
drive. Consequently nor does WinXP and so refuses to install. It does not
appear in the SATA list which shows at boot. However, if I plug in my slave
IDE Maxtor, then all is well - the motherboard sees the SATA drive and boots
from it.

So will anyone who has an A7N8X Deluxe board and is using only a single SATA
drive please list his/her mobo's boot sequence, as shown above for mine, for
me?

TIA

Old July 23rd 03, 10:58 PM
Paul H

have you read my post on your other query on the same topic? I suggested
other bios settings there that also need to be changed.