Help OVERCLOCKED barton 3200 at 2500 score

Old September 5th 04, 05:33 AM
doomer

Default Help OVERCLOCKED barton 3200 at 2500 score

Hi everyone

If you have any suggestion on my problem i will thank you a lot. Here
is the problem'

I have an athlon barton 2500 overcloceked at 3200 but i got the same
performance at 2500. I benchmarked my overclocked cpu by using sandra,
the score was at a typical althlon 3200. When i benchmarked my cpu
with games then the story is different.

All games had the same score before i overclocked my cpu at 2500+. No
matter i tried to tweak the bios it still gave me the same scores on
games. I checked the forum on internet and seen a lot of successful
overclockers with their cpu and that made me so confused.

Few day later, i checked my bios setting and saw the external
frequency at 200 mhz while the memory frequency at 166 mhz. I thought
i would solve my problem by increasing the memory frequency to 200
mhz. But windows restared itself before booting up. I tried to
increased the cpu volt up to 1.85v but no successful. I have been
SLEEPLESS for 2 days trying to figure out what is wrong. Now i gave up
and i NEED HELP. Maybe you guys give me the answers.

My system specs;

Multiple locked Barton 2500 at 3200 with 200 mhz fsb (while memory is
at 166 mhz)
Asus a7n8x x mobo
512 meg crappy ram
windows xp with sp1 with all latest updates

Thank you and thank you
Old September 6th 04, 12:35 PM
Achim Weissegger

I think you answered you question yourself by saying 512mb of crappy ram.
The memory might not be able to run at a 200mhz front system bus (400mhz for
memory)
Your CPU is running allright and increasing the CPU voltage will not help
with
the problem you have with your memory.You might be able to change the timing
of the
memory or increase the voltage to the memory.

Old September 6th 04, 02:33 PM
doomer

My memory is pc3200, and it run natively at 400 mhz. However, i run
some test if i see any changes

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:35:03 +1000, "Achim Weissegger"
wrote:

I think you answered you question yourself by saying 512mb of crappy ram.
The memory might not be able to run at a 200mhz front system bus (400mhz for
memory)
Your CPU is running allright and increasing the CPU voltage will not help
with
the problem you have with your memory.You might be able to change the timing
of the
memory or increase the voltage to the memory.

.. .

Old September 6th 04, 11:13 PM
YanquiDawg

DDR ram doesn't run natively at any speed.It runs at the speed your BIOS tells
it to(if it can).