GigaByte Radeon 9200 vs. ATI Radeon 9200

Old August 6th 03, 04:15 AM
doug blaisdell

Default GigaByte Radeon 9200 vs. ATI Radeon 9200

I need some help deciding between these two. I'm putting together a
budget gaming system, and wonder whether the ATI is worth the
additional bucks. It has Direct X support built in, which the GigaByte
doesn't seem to have. I don't know anything about differences in
performance or quality of these two. I pasted the product descriptions
from the accupc and newegg sites.

=============
GigaByte GV-R92128D Radeon 9200 128MB DDR 8X AGP VGA Adapter (Retail
Box)

Our Low Price:$78.00

Powered by Radeon 9200,
Dual display support with HYDRAVISION,
128MB DDR

Specification:
Powered by ATI Radeon 9200 GPU
Full support for AGP 8X standard doubles bandwidth
128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games
Sharper-looking 3D graphics with ATI
SMOOTHVISION(tm) technology
Dual display support with HYDRAVISION(tm)
Supports Gigabyte V-Tuner for overclocking

Chipset Radeon 9200
Core Clock 250
Mem Clock 400
Memory 128
Mem Bus 128
BUS AGP 8X / 4X
Mem Type DDR 4Mx16-4
D-SUB Y
TV-OUT Y
DVI Port Y
H/W Monitor Y
O/C Tools V-Tuner

===========================

ATI RADEON 9200 128MB TV-out AGP RETAIL
Specifications:
Chipset:RADEON 9200
Memory:128MB DDR
Bus:AGP 8X
Four parallel rendering pipelines process up to 1.1 billion pixels per
second
Full support for DirectX ® 8.1 programmable pixel and vertex shaders
in hardware 1.4 pixel shaders support up to 22 instructions and up to
6 textures per rendering pass
400MHz Dual integrated DACs with 10-bit per channel palette
Supports Resolutions up to 2048x1536 at 85Hz
Ports:VGA +Video + S-Video

$119.00

Radeon 9200 e sfarfallio hh General 0 October 2nd 04 11:25 PM
Radeon 9200 SE: any good? Ampersand General 8 September 19th 04 07:17 PM
Unlock Radeon 9200 on win98SE Peter Overclocking 1 August 13th 04 12:43 AM
Overclocking Radeon 9200 Slamadatan Overclocking 4 August 6th 03 02:52 PM
Radeon 9200? Wheat Muncher Homebuilt PC's 5 July 16th 03 01:02 AM