Barton 2500 overlocked to 3200 and Normal 3200 barton which one should i get ?

Old June 14th 04, 01:28 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Default Barton 2500 overlocked to 3200 and Normal 3200 barton which one should i get ?

Ive got the Mobo a A7N8X E- Deluxe just waiting on the ram

Iam concerned about heat and noise from my pc so would it be just best
to get a Barton 3200 as i take it it would run cooler than a 2500
overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not that much
hotter but ?

Thanks for any help.

Old June 14th 04, 01:56 PM
neopolaris

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
Ive got the Mobo a A7N8X E- Deluxe just waiting on the ram

Iam concerned about heat and noise from my pc so would it be just best
to get a Barton 3200 as i take it it would run cooler than a 2500
overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not that much
hotter but ?

Thanks for any help.

Surely this has been asked.

Old June 14th 04, 02:02 PM
Larz50

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
Ive got the Mobo a A7N8X E- Deluxe just waiting on the ram

Iam concerned about heat and noise from my pc so would it

be just best
to get a Barton 3200 as i take it it would run cooler than

a 2500
overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not

that much
hotter but ?

Thanks for any help.

You might want to look into the mobile CPUs if you are
worried about heat and noise.

Old June 14th 04, 03:20 PM
John Smith

If you can overcloc the 2500 to a 3200
on the same voltage then it should run at the same temp
as at the end of the day they are the same core
I have found pumping up voltage results in a higher temp
far more than bumping up the speed

Smiffy

Old June 14th 04, 03:39 PM
rstlne

"neopolaris" . wrote in message ...

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
Ive got the Mobo a A7N8X E- Deluxe just waiting on the ram

Iam concerned about heat and noise from my pc so would it be just best
to get a Barton 3200 as i take it it would run cooler than a 2500
overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not that much
hotter but ?

Thanks for any help.

Surely this has been asked.

yea, He puts the question up about once a month..

(see this spot in 30 days)

Old June 14th 04, 04:02 PM
Scumball

"Larz50" wrote in message
We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
Ive got the Mobo a A7N8X E- Deluxe just waiting on the ram

Iam concerned about heat and noise from my pc so would it

be just best
to get a Barton 3200 as i take it it would run cooler than

a 2500
overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not

that much
hotter but ?

Thanks for any help.

You might want to look into the mobile CPUs if you are
worried about heat and noise.

Yes, they're exactly the same as the desktop chips but with Powernow!
enabled - so they're unlocked.
They're Socket A compatible and outclock the desktop chips quite
considerably.
They're the chips from the wafer which consume least power .... hence their
use in laptops, where heat dissipation is an issue.

Old June 14th 04, 04:25 PM
Mateusz Szultka (SHELDON)

We Live for the One we Die for the One napisaƂ(a):

Ive got the Mobo a A7N8X E- Deluxe just waiting on the ram

Iam concerned about heat and noise from my pc so would it be just best
to get a Barton 3200 as i take it it would run cooler than a 2500
overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not that much
hotter but ?

Thanks for any help.

try WaterCooling.. =)
Old June 14th 04, 06:00 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

My Freind has the new system as well

But all i have is the board at the momment, going to plonk some Low
latency 2,3,3,3,5 ram of was that 2,2,2,2,5 ? Corsair anyway 1 gig of
it TwiNX.

So the only choice is the CPU Xp 2500 or 3200 ? 2500 is cheaper but
dont want to stress my system even with alittle overclock so i think a
3200 which i can get for 333 bucks in Australia

Now to repace my Radeon 9600 pro with a 9800 pro, desisions, desisions
:0

Thanks.

We Live for the One we Die for the One napisa?(a):

Old June 14th 04, 08:55 PM
Ben Pope

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:

Barton 2500 overlocked to 3200 and Normal 3200 barton which
one should i get ?

dont want to stress my system even with alittle overclock so i think a
3200 which i can get for 333 bucks in Australia

Well if you don't want an overclocked CPU, then I'm guessing you can exclude
the overclocked CPU from the list of two, leaving you with a list of one.
Thats an obvious choice.

Ben