BIOS dead

Old June 29th 03, 10:26 PM
Frank

Default BIOS dead

Il Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:20:21 +0100, doggy ha
scritto:

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 18:39:52 GMT, "MiniDisc_2k2"
wrote:

Hey I was tryin to flash my BIOS today when I basically just killed my
computer. I just bought a Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 motherboard and tried to flash
the bios with a better one using the utility Gigabyte gave me. They didn't
exactly go out of their way to say that it only works with another
motherboard (why they bundled it with my motherboard, I have no idea).
Unfortuantely I hadn't had the time to set up the dual bios feature yet, so
basically my motherboard's got a faulty bios in it. Is there any way I can
fix it without taking it to a repair shop?

Please help

-- MiniDisc_2k2

So you have a motherboard with a quick-flash utility built into it AND
a dual BIOS and you still managed to screw it up. You are a star.

When you turn the computer on now can I assume that absolutely nothing
happens?

Hi,

try to go to

www.recoverybios.com

they can send you a new reprogrammed bios chip so you can replace the
original eprom with the new one.

They send you the new chip within 24 hours from the receipt of the
order.

I hope I helped you

Bye

Frank
Old July 4th 03, 01:22 AM
Prof

Some BIOS's have the feature to restore to the original settings but once
you have flashed it I don't know if that would work but it would be worth
the try.

BIOS Freezes Farinata General 1 June 25th 03 05:57 PM
USB and VIA chipset larrymoencurly General 3 June 24th 03 04:21 AM
Multiplier question, bios or hardware... ? Bougon General 1 June 24th 03 12:58 AM
Motherboard ID please Li'l ol' me General 2 June 24th 03 12:36 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM