Compaq Sp700: ---> 68 PIN SCSI DISK <---- Issue with Installation of...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th 04, 05:13 AM
JPRW

Default Compaq Sp700: ---> 68 PIN SCSI DISK <---- Issue with Installation of...

Hello Group.

I have a Compaq Professional workstation SP700 which is currerntly working
well with 2 Compaq SCSI hard Disks. I am in the need of installing a new
quantum Atlas Hard Disk.that I bought recently. I have been playing trial
and error but I am not able to make at least the BIOS recognize the Quantum
Atlas hard Disk.

I am not sure if this newsgroup accepts attachments, so I am going to give
you a my scope of the subject and if needed, I will email you the scanned
tags of the Quantum Atlas hard Disk in Jpeg format as well as an
ilustration of the jumpers and how they are curently set, in a PDF format.
B.T.W, I already went to Quantum website (but without luck) so I am still
in base #1.

These is the Jumper set in the two Compaq Hard Disks:

Compaq (Fujitsu) Compaq (Refurbished disk)
Wide Ultra SCSI 2 Wide Ultra SCSI 2
Boot Disk Slave Disk
10,00 RPM 7200 RPM
9.1 GB 9.1 GB

JUMPERS: JUMPERS
| . | ID0 | . | TP to bus
| . | ID1 | . | Reserved
| . | ID2 | . | Reserved
| . | ID3 | . | Parity Disabled
| . | Write prot | . | write protect
| . | Start cmd | . | Motor Start enabled
| X . X | Single/Wide | . | Delay Mtr Start
| . | Diff Sens | . | Force Single Ended
| . | Sp Sync
| . | IDD reset | . | (Down Arrow, like the
one used in electronics)
| . | LED | . | Res
| . | Term Pwr | . | 8
| . | 4
| . | 2
| X . X | 1
Selected Jumpers: | X. X |
And this is the jumpers currently unselected in the Quantum Atlas Hard Disk.
As I say, My goal is to make this new HD the Master and the other two ones
slaves; say the 10 RPM as Slave 1 and the 7.2RPM as the second slave.

Quantum Atlas 10K II
10.000 RPM
18.2 Gb

Wide J3
| . | TERMPWR
| . | CUSTOMIZE
| . | NO-WIDE
| . | STAGGER SPIN
| . | WR PROTECT
| . | BUSY LED
| . | NC
| . | FORCE SE
| . | DELAY SPIN
| . | FAULT SPIN
| . | SCSI ID (0)
| . | SCSI ID (1)
| . | SCSI ID (2)
| . | SCSI ID (3)

SCA: J2
| . | NC
| . | SE

I really appreciate any help that you may give me in order to make this
three disks work in my Compaq SP 700

Thanks and have a nice week!

--
Juan Pablo Rojas
Graphic Designer - Developer

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 December 30th 04 05:40 PM
15K rpm SCSI-disk Ronny Mandal General 26 December 8th 04 08:04 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 September 23rd 04 12:21 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 21st 04 11:30 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM