GA-8KNXP and RAID Card

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th 03, 04:44 PM
rodeoislander

Default GA-8KNXP and RAID Card

I am using a Highpoint 'Rocket 133 S' (non-raid) with my 8knxp and it works
great.

The integrated Highpoint Raid controllers on several past motherboards have
worked well. When Adaptec decided to release a hardware based ata133 raid
card, they chose Highpoint chips to control it.

So, no direct experience with their latest raid cards here, but a
recommendation based on past experience with their products.

"Maiso" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

I want to install two 80GB Western Digital Special edsition Caviar
8MB Cache ATA 100 drives in a RAID 0 configuration on my 8KNXP MB.
Understanding that so many people are complaining about the
performance of the Onboard ITE GigaRaid controller not being good
enough, I will like to buy a new PCI RAID controller card. I have only
resarch the Promise Ultra TX2, and the two from Highpoint, Rocket RAID
100 and Rocket RAID 133. Can anybody give me some guidance on these
Controller Cards or to any other one that exist and that is not too
expensive. Any comments or recommendation about which one to buy will
be really appreciated. If somebody has any Benchmark on them and want
to give me the details, I will appreciate that too. Thanks for your
help.

P.S. Running Windows XP Pro, 2.8GHz 800FSB, 1GB Mushkin PC3200 DDRAM,
SB Audigy 2, ATI Radeon 9500, Sony DRU-510A DVD R/W, Sony DVD ROM.

SATA Drives and Raid MrB General 2 June 2nd 04 01:08 AM
Combined RAID and non-RAID array? PghCardio Homebuilt PC's 3 October 3rd 03 03:27 AM
8KNXP: where can i find IDE driver? klausa2 Gigabyte Motherboards 3 August 23rd 03 01:15 AM
WARNING - Dual Bios & GIGAraid ITE Problems 8KNXP Mark Taylor Gigabyte Motherboards 4 July 23rd 03 05:54 AM
GA-8KNXP RAID and CD-rom config help Bob Davis Gigabyte Motherboards 0 July 19th 03 09:38 PM