G3 Ti500 Compared to FX5600 256m

Old July 3rd 03, 05:28 PM
Simon Mallatratt

Default G3 Ti500 Compared to FX5600 256m

HI

I have a Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 500 meg card......this card is very good

Would there be a noticable difference if i brought a

Leadtek FX 5600 256m card

my Spec

AMD 3000xp+
1024 Crucial ddr 333mhzs ram
Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 500
Asus A7N deluxe...o/b sound 6:1
IBM 40g 7200
3x120g 7200 maxtors
Hansol LCD max 1280x1024
etc etc

Cheers

Simon

Old July 3rd 03, 06:40 PM
Dave

A very small improvement. A 5600's performance is in between that of the
GF3 ti500 and the GF4ti 4200. If you turn AA on then the 5600 will smoke
them both. It also has DX9 features.

Dave

Old July 3rd 03, 09:26 PM
Martin Eriksson

"Simon Mallatratt" wrote in message
HI

I have a Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 500 meg card......this card is very good

"500" does not indicate the amount of memory on the card. You probably have
64MB or 128MB. 500 indicates that you have the best GF3 card though.

I do think you would see an improvement with the 5600. Your system can
handle one at least. Maybe not "double" speed but you can enable more stuff
like FSAA and anisotropic filtering without taking such a performance hit.

Old July 4th 03, 06:15 AM
Simon Mallatratt

HI

I miss-wrote it it should have been

Geforce 3 Ti500 64 meg

i do know what im on with

Simon

Old July 4th 03, 09:41 AM
Ron Merts

Yes, if you get a FX5600 you will notice a difference, a positive one. If
you get one of the 5600s with the flipchip based GPU (5600 Ultra) with 256Mb
of RAM you will notice a BIG difference, especially with that Athlon XP
3000+ CPU to push it along. If you enable all of the antialiasing goodies
it will run circles arouond your Ti500 or a Ti4200.

Ron

Old July 4th 03, 05:27 AM
Inglo

Simon Mallatratt cam up with this on 7/3/2003 9:28 AM:

HI

I have a Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 500 meg card......this card is very good

Would there be a noticable difference if i brought a

Leadtek FX 5600 256m card

my Spec

I've got the same card (and a XP2500) and I've done a bit of research
about upgrading. My two choices are either of the mid-ranges FX5600 or
ATI9[5/6]00; from the benchmarks I've seen the FX5600 seems to outdo the
ATI by a bit, it does cost $30-40 more though.
Definitely you'll see a difference, in numbers at least, in Quake3 your
FPS would go from ~250 to 330 (guessing, you get my point though). You
might not really see any difference in games until the new DX9 games
come out. Then you'll be real glad you got one.
I'm personally waiting until games like HL2 and Doom3 actually hit the
shelves though and I hear what real people have to say about different
cards with them.

--
"I've got blisters on me fingers"

Steve [Inglo]

Old July 8th 03, 07:07 AM
Chimera

250 - 330 fps!!! I challenge you to pick difference!