GA7NNXP - Getting Power but thats it.

Old August 22nd 03, 12:21 AM
Chris Schrader

Default GA7NNXP - Getting Power but thats it.

"Lloyd LaBaw" wrote in message ...
either try reseating your processor or maybe reseat ram for initial boot.

"Dave B" wrote in message
Hi All,

I've just upgraded my pc with a new GA7NNXP board with AMD 2600XP

processor
and 1gb of memory.

When I power on the unit I get power to the motherboard and fans but there
are no cmos beeps as expected no signal is being sent to my monitor to

bring
it out of standby mode and my HDD are not spinning up.

I have tested the graphics card and HDD in another base unit and they work
fine.

I suspect it is the motherboard at fault but wondered if anyone else had

had
this problem.

Dave.

I am having a similar problem,
With a new GA-7NNXP board and 2500+ barton core Athlon XP and 1gb in
dual ddr configuration - first boot restarted quickly, then ran at
1100 mhz.
I forgot to set the clk_sw to on for 333 fsb
After doing this - no boot
Good PSU; RAM and CPU seated OK
Please help, any suggestions welcome
Old September 2nd 03, 04:40 PM
Jeff Shultz

Dave B wrote:

Hi All,

I've just upgraded my pc with a new GA7NNXP board with AMD 2600XP
processor and 1gb of memory.

When I power on the unit I get power to the motherboard and fans but
there are no cmos beeps as expected no signal is being sent to my monitor
to bring it out of standby mode and my HDD are not spinning up.

I have tested the graphics card and HDD in another base unit and they
work fine.

I suspect it is the motherboard at fault but wondered if anyone else had
had this problem.

Dave.

This sounds familiar - after unplugging everything else, I pulled out the
DPS thingy.... and everything works now. Methinks that DPS needs more
work.

--
Jeff Shultz

Dead computer? Patty Homebuilt PC's 63 February 4th 05 08:06 AM
power on /reset switch problems chris Homebuilt PC's 5 January 4th 05 02:52 PM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking AMD Processors 326 November 27th 03 07:54 PM