8KNXP bios F6e CPU Voltage problems..

Old July 26th 03, 02:01 AM
Bob Davis

Default 8KNXP bios F6e CPU Voltage problems..

"Johan Dahlberg" wrote in message

Hi everyone,
I'm having difficulties getting a stable 1.55v for my P4 3.0C CPU with the
F6e bios, anyone else having the same problems?

The voltage keeps jumping from 1.47-1.55 (according to Motherboard Monitor
5) no matter what I set it to in bios (even when i set it to 1.6v).

Although
it has always seemed stable until now, when i installed Warcraft III,

which
crashed all the time on me. So I went back to bios F5, the voltage now

stays
around 1.54-1.55, and Warcraft III works flawlessly.

However it all seems strange, doesnt it? And yes, I'm using the DPS2!

I have F5 and show a consistent 1.52V, briefly dipping to 1.50 every few
minutes or so. I haven't had the courage to flash to F6e, and won't until I
see something the new bios will fix that seems worthy. I'm not having any
trouble here, so I'll use the IIABDF principle (If it ain't broke....).

BTW, what do you show for your +5V reading? Mine has always been low, now
at 4.08V. The 12V reading is also always low, now at 11.37V. Everything
else seems in line.

I did have DPS2 installed, but had to remove it when my Zalman HSF wouldn't
fit.

Old July 26th 03, 03:04 AM
Johan Dahlberg

"Bob Davis" skrev i meddelandet
. ..

[...]

I've noticed that Vcore now sometimes drops to 1.52-1.53 even with F5 bios,
but I havent seen anything lower than that (yet). +5V is at 4.10V here, and
+12V is at 12.14V. However it's perfectly stable now, even though +5V is
almost at 4V. Something tells me that MBM5's readings arent really
accurate..

/J

Old July 27th 03, 04:16 AM
Johan Dahlberg

You may get it from: http://www.crypted.nu/~johan/8knxp_f6e.zip

/J

"Tim" skrev i meddelandet
Where are these later bios available from?
- Tim