Help: I can not delete files or folders in WinXP

Old January 15th 05, 01:55 PM
Mike

Default Help: I can not delete files or folders in WinXP

Two days ago when I booted up my system I was greeted with the
following message ...

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
corrupt: \Windows\System32\Config\System

I tried the "repair" option but that did not work so I ended up
reformatting and re-installing WinXP. Luckily I had most everything
backed on DVD so I really did not loose anything just the time it took
for the re-install. During the reinstallation several folders were
created in a partition on my secondary hard drive. These folders are
empty but when I try to delete them I am told by Windows ...

Can not delete file: can not read from source file or disk

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of these folders ? I did some
"Googleing" and did not find anything useful. Thanks!

Mike

Dimension 8200
Win XP SP1
512 RDRAM
GeForce FX5900XT
Soundblaster Live!
Phillips DVD+RW

Microtek scanner made my PC unusable. Robert Clark Scanners 5 June 22nd 04 10:46 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
how to backup specified files with Nero express David Aylott Cdr 1 December 4th 03 09:01 PM
Nero express - how to backup specified files David Aylott Cdr 0 December 2nd 03 12:17 PM
Dual Boot, How? Paul \(Erie\) General 1 June 24th 03 04:36 PM