Delete files from, and copy files to bootable iso-image

Old July 18th 03, 09:43 AM
Michel Hoogervorst

Default Delete files from, and copy files to bootable iso-image

Hi,

I hope this is the right newsgroup for this, I'm trying to build a
slipstreamed Win2K SP4 bootable Cd, with some additional software on it.
Since I cannot seem to get the thing bootable, I thought about ripping
the Win2K-sp3 Cd to an ISO-image, and then copy the files on this image.

I've tried downloading a trial copy of "WinImage", but when I press
delete, it says: "You cannot delete a non empty subdirectory", even when
it's a single file!

When I try to drag files into the image, it says that it can't copy the
file, because the image is full (a 375Mb image, full!?).

Is there some way to get this working, or maybe another app, that can
read/write mount the image?

Thanks in advance,

Michel Hoogervorst

Old July 19th 03, 04:21 AM
Patco

This site has all the info you need:
http://www.bink.nu/Bootcd/default.htm

Old July 21st 03, 02:44 PM
Michel Hoogervorst

Patco wrote:
This site has all the info you need:
http://www.bink.nu/Bootcd/default.htm

I understand, but isn't there any way of read/write mounting an
ISO-image within Windows?

I would like to know so, because extracting an iso-image take far less
time then copying all files induvidually.

(I'm a systems administrator, and don't want to go thru this each time
MS comes with a new SP )

Old July 22nd 03, 03:37 AM
Cliff

Michel Hoogervorst wrote on 21 Jul 2003

Patco wrote:
This site has all the info you need:
http://www.bink.nu/Bootcd/default.htm

I understand, but isn't there any way of read/write mounting an
ISO-image within Windows?

I would like to know so, because extracting an iso-image take far less
time then copying all files induvidually.

(I'm a systems administrator, and don't want to go thru this each time
MS comes with a new SP )

Alcohol,CloneCD, Nero, maybe others will all mount an iso image as a
virtual CD. I use Alcohol all the for those games that don't have a no cd
crack.

--
Cliff
Old July 22nd 03, 07:59 AM
Michel Hoogervorst

Cliff wrote:
Alcohol,CloneCD, Nero, maybe others will all mount an iso image as a
virtual CD. I use Alcohol all the for those games that don't have a no cd
crack.

Read this line from my previous post, I'm not looking for a program that
mounts an ISO read only.

Old July 23rd 03, 05:30 AM
Cliff

Michel Hoogervorst wrote on 22 Jul 2003

Michel Hoogervorst wrote:
I understand, but isn't there any way of read/write mounting an
ISO-image within Windows?

My apologies for the mis-read. Then I believe the answer to your question
is "I haven't heard of anything - good luck!"

--
Cliff
Old July 24th 03, 08:25 AM
Michel Hoogervorst

Cliff wrote:

My apologies for the mis-read. Then I believe the answer to your question
is "I haven't heard of anything - good luck!"

I've found something! :-)

It's called "UltraISO" and you can get a trial version at:
http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Only thing is that the trial cannot save images greater then 300Mb.

Old July 24th 03, 06:55 PM
Cliff

Michel Hoogervorst wrote on 24 Jul 2003

Cliff wrote:

My apologies for the mis-read. Then I believe the answer to your
question is "I haven't heard of anything - good luck!"

I've found something! :-)

It's called "UltraISO" and you can get a trial version at:
http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Only thing is that the trial cannot save images greater then 300Mb.

Let us know how it works for you. If I find anything else, I'll let you
know.

--
Cliff
Old July 27th 03, 02:47 PM
Loggy

Yes i stumped up the 30 dollars for ultraiso 6 and it does indeed
allow full adding and deleting of iso's.
I took a bootable dvd with a booting install of XP and stripped away
the XP rubbish and put on my preffered W2k booting files and it works.

You burn an image to your hard drive with nero or whatever, open it
with uiso, play with it as you like, then create an iso on your hard
drive, then open the iso with nero,.
Dvd images are supported up to 10 gig.
A very good tool.

Log
Old July 28th 03, 08:23 PM
Loggy

Further to this i just wrote an .nrg image of a bootable cd (win 2k)to
my hard drive, opened it with uiso 6, added a ton of files, uiso saves
the .nrg as an iso with all the added stuff, (can be saved as .iso
..nrg .img .ccd .bin filetype), burnt the iso file to dvd with nero,
wal'lah bootable dvd with all the stuff 'YOU' like, drivers, proggies,
favorites, .txt notes, docs, shortcuts, piccies, all your dl stuff.
All on one disc, makes a great backup tool.

There is not a bootable dvd standard at the moment and you may not be
able to boot a dvd like a cd rom an your system though it works on
mine at the moment, with a pioneer ao5 and 4x datawrite discs.

Log