overclocking the pcchips(ecs) m870 fyi

Old November 2nd 05, 12:37 AM
Bondo

Default overclocking the pcchips(ecs) m870 fyi

I recently bought a mobo from pcchips K8-M870($44.00 cheapo) and built
a system for my 13 year old.
I was told its not an very friendly over clocker and it isnt , I
could’nt even find someone who had bothered to overclock it.
But with some tweeking of the bios I was able to get 400+ MHz out of
this bucket of a mother board and get it to be stable. So I will share
my operation that caused me to flash my bios some 30+ times.
dram config....
HT_speed [400]
mem clock [166]
cas#latency(tcl) [2.5]
frequency voltage control....
cpu clock [216]@ 1727 MHz
’’ ’’[240]@ 1918 MHz
’’ ’’[255max] @ 2039 MHz
stock speed is about 1600MHz . I hope this helps some one with this
cheap ass mobo .
amd sempron +2800 64 (running stock 1600MHz)
1gb corsiar value mem
peace

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/pcchip...pict64431.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=323148