How to search for files and folders on a network remote computer?

Old October 27th 05, 09:47 AM
Dima

Default How to search for files and folders on a network remote computer?

Hello
How to search for files and folders on a network remote computer? OK
button in a window for browsing folders of the Find window is disabled
for all "My network neighborhood", "All network", "Microsoft windows
network", domain and computer.

Old October 27th 05, 11:46 AM
Marc

Dima wrote:
Hello
How to search for files and folders on a network remote computer? OK
button in a window for browsing folders of the Find window is disabled
for all "My network neighborhood", "All network", "Microsoft windows
network", domain and computer.

This isn't exactly the right group, but that doesn't seem to matter
these days...

I can simply go to start--search (or find, my XP is dutch :P)--browse
and select a network computer or folder. I tried it by searching for
lala (and found three files :S) and it worked.

Or did I get your question wrong?
Old October 28th 05, 01:49 PM
Dima

OK button in a window for browsing folders of the Find window in my
Windows 2000 Pro is disabled for "My network neighborhood", "All
network" in "My network neighborhood", "Microsoft windows network",
domain, workgroup and computer. The OK button in a window for browsing
folders of the Find window is enabled for only network folders or
places in the "My network neighborhood".