Tip: USB 4 explained

Old August 5th 19, 01:15 PM posted to comp.os.linux.misc,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general
Yrrah[_8_]

Default Tip: USB 4 explained

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on August 19, 2019.

T :

(YT url)

I think I am going t0 really like USB 4. If you
are a fan of USB-C (3.1), as am I, then you will
probably will adore USB 4 too.

Fan, adoration? Are you some kind of hardware fetishist? ;-)

Anyway, f*ck YT (= Gugle). Users who are interested and can read,
could start here (how a standardization effort became chaos):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb

"(...) You may be wondering why it’s called USB4 rather than USB 4.0.
The USB Promoter Group (USB-PG) is going with that spelling, at least
for now. The belief is the public and press became too fixated on that
decimal point in USB 3.1 and USB 3.0, instead of focusing on the
capability and purpose of the spec.(...)
to be honest, the multiple specifications and shifting nomenclatures
could (...) make you feel worse. USB-PG chief Brad Saunders said
consumers don’t really care about the protocol, as long as it works.
That’s the dream, if not the reality."
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3346142/usb4-what-this-future-standard-means-for-usb-chaos-and-thunderbolt-3.html

We'll see what happens ;-)

Yrrah
Old August 6th 19, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Shadow[_2_]

On Mon, 05 Aug 2019 14:15:04 +0200, Yrrah
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the tables and links.

//What will happen when I plug my USB-C cable into a new USB4 port?

Anyones random collection of USB-C cables will work at up to their
rated speeds in a USB4 port. A SuperSpeed 10Gbps-rated cable will run
at least 10Gbps, and it might possibly rise to the occasion of USB
3.2s new 20Gbps speed.//

That's all I needed to know..... no nasty adapters or new
motherboards necessary.

[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
HP's strategy explained : Bob Headrick Printers 0 January 7th 06 05:57 AM
HP's strategy explained : Frank ess Printers 1 January 7th 06 04:19 AM
HP's strategy explained : AEF Printers 1 January 7th 06 04:10 AM
HP's strategy explained : Frank ess Printers 0 January 7th 06 12:10 AM
Could this be explained? Anthonage Cdr 0 August 26th 04 12:06 AM