Have Creative pulled the Audigy 2 Platinum card?

Old August 26th 03, 12:09 PM
Mothra

Default Have Creative pulled the Audigy 2 Platinum card?

What happened to the Creative Audigy 2 Platinum (the one with the internal
5 1/4" media bay)?

It has disappeared from Creative's European site's products section and
nowhere in the UK sells it any more. All I can find is the basic Audigy 2
and the Audigy 2 Platinum Ex. The internal media bay is shown as in the
accessories section, but is listed as "out of stock".

Have there been some technical issues with this product or has it been
pulled for financial reasons (e.g. not enough sales of the Ex version)?
Old August 27th 03, 02:16 AM
Wayne Youngman

"Mothra" wrote
What happened to the Creative Audigy 2 Platinum (the one with the internal
5 1/4" media bay)?

It has disappeared from Creative's European site's products section and
nowhere in the UK sells it any more. All I can find is the basic Audigy 2
and the Audigy 2 Platinum Ex. The internal media bay is shown as in the
accessories section, but is listed as "out of stock".

Have there been some technical issues with this product or has it been
pulled for financial reasons (e.g. not enough sales of the Ex version)?

Hi,

I think allot of people prefere having an external break-out box instead of
the LIVE!-Drive affair as that takes up a bay in your PC and also hamper
people with cases that have doors. I guess Creative just discontinued the
LIVE-Drives in preference to the EX,

Wayne ][

most stable current chipset for AMD? Loke General 41 February 28th 05 11:18 PM
Creative Platinum vs Non-Platinum Kevin Waugh PC Soundcards 1 October 4th 04 03:46 PM
ATI All In Wonder 9600 pro + Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ZS - audio/sync problem Zeev Suraski Ati Videocards 0 June 27th 04 06:17 PM
Audigy 2 Sound card Chris Roth General 3 October 25th 03 02:48 AM
New Sound Card: Audigy or Santa Cruz? Faustus Homebuilt PC's 5 July 27th 03 06:33 AM