Graphics Card question?

Old January 31st 04, 04:37 PM
Sam

Default Graphics Card question?

I just bought a 'ATi Radiion All-in-wonder 9800SE' card (no instructions)
and not sure if I can connect my analog cable TV to the CATV socket of the
card to input TV programs to my PC?
Also can I connect my video recorder to the card to play video tapes into
the PC?

Thanks ;-)

Sam (Newbie)

Old January 31st 04, 04:43 PM
Askhow.net

You can go here http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/index.html and download
the manual for this card.

Jaks http://www.askhow.net
Free Nonprofit Computer Support Forums, Humor and More....

Old January 31st 04, 04:44 PM
Mikey S.

http://ati.com/support/manualpdf/AW9800Sr.pdf

That should be a good start

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

Old January 31st 04, 06:19 PM
kony

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:37:18 -0000, "Sam" wrote:

I just bought a 'ATi Radiion All-in-wonder 9800SE' card (no instructions)
and not sure if I can connect my analog cable TV to the CATV socket of the
card to input TV programs to my PC?
Also can I connect my video recorder to the card to play video tapes into
the PC?

Thanks ;-)

Sam (Newbie)

Yes, the AIW has a coax, analog in for the tuner (the large silver
rectangular component). Any analog source modulated to a "channel",
like a broadcast or cable TV signal, VCR, etc, can be tuned in on the
appropriate channel. However, if your video source has alternative
outputs, like S-Video or composite (RCA, there is an adapter for that
card's S-Video port if it doesn't have RCA jack, which might've came
with the card), you'd get better picture using those ports, instead of
the tuner input.

Old January 31st 04, 08:51 PM
kony

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:09:58 -0000, "Sam" wrote:

Would there be no audio if I use the Aerial lead from the Analog Cable TV?

Thanks

Sam

There will be audio, usable, from the cable tv source. It's only the
S-Video or Composite that would require a separate audio input.
Old January 31st 04, 11:39 PM
Cerridwen

Askhow.net wrote:
You can go here http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/index.html and
download the manual for this card.

Still spamming I see... Create a proper signature and no one will have any
complaints. If you don't know how to do that simple thing, why should anyone
take your 'advice' seriously?

Old February 1st 04, 02:29 AM
~misfit~

Cerridwen wrote:
Askhow.net wrote:
You can go here http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/index.html and
download the manual for this card.

Still spamming I see... Create a proper signature and no one will
have any complaints. If you don't know how to do that simple thing,
why should anyone take your 'advice' seriously?

I don't class that as spamming. He offered helpful advice and the url in his
sig is for a free computer suport forum. Spamming is trying to elicit money
from people.
--
~misfit~

Old February 1st 04, 03:52 PM
Gary Tait

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:09:58 -0000, "Sam" wrote:

Would there be no audio if I use the Aerial lead from the Analog Cable TV?

Thanks

Sam

You need to sonnect the audio out on the card to an input on your
soundcard or motherboard sound system.

.. .

Old February 1st 04, 10:52 PM
Cerridwen

~misfit~ wrote:
Cerridwen wrote:
Askhow.net wrote:
You can go here http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/index.html and
download the manual for this card.

Still spamming I see... Create a proper signature and no one will
have any complaints. If you don't know how to do that simple thing,
why should anyone take your 'advice' seriously?

I don't class that as spamming. He offered helpful advice and the url
in his sig is for a free computer suport forum. Spamming is trying to
elicit money from people.

Er, no, it isn't. The definition of spam: -

"Spam is defined as unsolicited bulk e-mail sent to large numbers of people
to promote products or services. Spam also refers to inappropriate and
off-topic promotional or commercial postings to discussion groups, bulletin
boards, or weblogging sites often referred to as "blogs"."

Yes, coommercial email is just one aspect, but promoting your own forum (and
that's his forum,by the way)It isn't even a sig (I rtun OE QuoteFix and that
doesn't appear below the sig line so I think he just ppastes it every time),
is also spamming.

Most of the 'advice' on his site is wrong anyway.

Graphics card problem LanNam General 1 December 6th 03 01:48 AM
Graphics Card Question DrHibbert General 1 November 28th 03 03:58 AM
Video card DDR question hiphop General 7 November 3rd 03 10:13 PM
Problem: Compaq EVO D310 vs Nvidia Graphics Card. Tomas General 5 November 1st 03 05:39 PM
Flakey Graphics card question. ~misfit~ General 6 August 3rd 03 07:45 AM