What speed is the Ethernet conncection?

Old December 29th 03, 06:56 PM
pjagninski

Default What speed is the Ethernet conncection?

Hello,

I have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard... I'm wondering how fast the
ethernet connections on it are. I have seen info saying the NVIDIA ethernet
on this board is capable of 10/100Mbps connections and that the 3Com
ethernet is capable of 10/100 or 1000Mbps connections.

Asus' website is of no help.

Does anyone know if this board is capable of gigabit (1000 megabits per
second) speeds and if so which ethernet controller should I be using for
this?

Thanks,

Piotr Jagninski

Old December 29th 03, 07:03 PM
Andrew

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:56:58 GMT, "pjagninski"
wrote:

Asus' website is of no help.

It is if you read this:

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old December 29th 03, 07:09 PM
pjagninski

Andrew,

Thank you very much for your suggestion... unfortunately it seems you
pointed me to a board which is not my board. I have the A7N8X Deluxe NOT the
A7N8X-E Deluxe. Note the addition of the "E" which I do not have.

Thanks again for your help.

Piotr Jagninski

Old December 29th 03, 07:20 PM
Andrew

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:09:37 GMT, "pjagninski"
wrote:

Thank you very much for your suggestion... unfortunately it seems you
pointed me to a board which is not my board. I have the A7N8X Deluxe NOT the
A7N8X-E Deluxe. Note the addition of the "E" which I do not have.

*sigh* try reading the page.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old December 29th 03, 07:42 PM
pjagninski

Andrew,

Thank you for your suggestion of actually reading the entire page. I now see
that the A7N8X-E Deluxe has improved upon the previous A7N8X Deluxe (my
present board) by adding gigabit ethernet. Obviously, therefor my board does
not support gigabit ethernet.

I still stand behind my statement that the Asus website was of no help. It
seems strange to me that I have to check the specs on another board to find
out what my board is capable of. You on the other hand were a great help.

Many thanks,