Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard

Old December 19th 03, 12:01 AM

Default Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard

Greetings,

I am building a new system and would like to get opinions on the Asus
A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. Personal experiences good and bad.
Recommendations for other boards are also welcome.

Thanks for your input! )
Old December 19th 03, 01:12 AM
dsads

reading some reviews about it i've found that its marginally better
than the much cheaper a7v8x. its main benefit is the dual channel ddr
(parallel). other than that its the same thing more or less.

Old December 19th 03, 06:31 AM

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:01:40 -0700, wrote:

Greetings,

I am building a new system and would like to get opinions on the Asus
A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. Personal experiences good and bad.
Recommendations for other boards are also welcome.

Ive got one and I like it. The main thing I didnt like was the gross
sound stuttering with the SBLIVE I have.

I found out its not the SBLIVE. I moved it to every slot - still
there. Then I used the onboard sound and still had it. Horrendous
stuttering .

I finally took out out my Maxtor Promise IDE card (extra IDE PCI card)
which I was using since I need more than 4 devices and the stuttering
went away. Its possible theres a fix for it but right now - it seems
that adding a IDE card seems to hog the bus or something so that it
disrupts some other functions.

The deluxe comes with TWO controllers you say . So why didnt I just
use the two? Well ones IDE and the other is SATA . I dont have SATA
hard drives and I cant put ATAPI devices (CD burner etc) OR the ide
hard drives on the SATA controller.

My obvious fix is probably to get SAta hard drives which I dont want
to do or get sata to IDE converters which I will do. They are around
$20 a piece - the cheapest price Ive seen so far , at Newegg.

Other than that its fine but I havent installed my ATI 9800 which Im
going to do tonight or tomorrow. Some people have reported ATI
compatiblity problems with their setups in the past on a variety of
systems.

Old December 19th 03, 01:23 PM
Kentuckyfan77

LOL why the hell are you using sound blaster live when the integrated 5.1 is
far better. The motherboard has nothing to do with the cracking you hear. Ok
make sure you get the A7N8X-E Deluxe same board but 3 dollars more with more
bells and whistles.

Old December 19th 03, 02:54 PM

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:23:52 -0700, "Kentuckyfan77" We Are Borg
wrote:

LOL why the hell are you using sound blaster live when the integrated 5.1 is
far better.

For midi. If you arent into it , then it doesnt make sense.
Havent tried the onboard for midi but the remarks about it seem to
indicate its good gaming , not for recording. Many into recording
just disable the onboard sound like I was doing using the SBLIVE for
midi and a recording card the Maudio2496 - for recording since its
much cleaner. But like I mentioned I had severe stuttering. That seems
to have been the Promise controllers fault though. Once that was gone
- it disappeared.

The motherboard has nothing to do with the cracking you hear.

I dont get crackles. But theres a certain percentage of owners who
claim they do. They get a variety of severe problems playing games
according to their posts. Thats one of the threads that gets revived
once in a while in the ASUS subs. The ASUS boosters claim there is no
problem except for the fact they admit the onboard sound isnt the
quietest card around for recording music. For gaming its theoretically
very good. But for the people who complain they have this problem with
crackles and other problems - its similar to the complaints made
against the SBLIVE and even the Audigy by some and VIA boards in the
past they say its bad but like I mentioned - others say their board is
fine.