Graphics Card Question

Old November 28th 03, 01:30 AM
DrHibbert

Default Graphics Card Question

I have been having some problems with my ATI Radeon 8400 (64mb
version). I have noticed that within the last 2 months especially
that playing a bunch of games like Unreal Tournament 2003, I have been
having to turn down the graphics quite a bit to default or lower
settings, were in the past (like when I first got the game) I could
turn it up a fair bit and not have a problem with it. Specifically in
Unreal Tournament 2003, when I play online the game was lagging out so
much that it was unplayable, yet I had a really good ping (usually
around 60 or so) and it seemed to be happening to 90% or better of the
servers, yet if I turn down/dumb down the graphics settings it seems
to work a lot better. Another game I was having problems with (at
least with the demo) was Call of Duty, I had to stick the graphics
settings as low as they possibly could go just to get it to play
smooth, yet a friend of mine who is playing the game is paying it on
his 64 mb gforce card and it is playing fine. I was wondering if it
was a driver issue and if there was a particular driver that seems to
work best for that card?? Or any other ideas on what would be causing
this?? Thanks

DrHibbert

Old November 28th 03, 03:58 AM
kony

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:30:11 GMT, DrHibbert wrote:

[...]

It would seem that inbetween the past and present, something has
changed... undo that change. If it's the driver as you mention,
simply use the previous driver again.

There are quite a few variables involved in system performance, it
would be hard to make specific suggestions unless you're doing
something obviously different like trying to run at a higher
resolution or now with FSAA when you weren't previously.

Dave

driver ATI Rage graphics card net General 5 November 9th 03 01:28 PM
Video card DDR question hiphop General 7 November 3rd 03 10:13 PM
Problem: Compaq EVO D310 vs Nvidia Graphics Card. Tomas General 5 November 1st 03 05:39 PM
New Graphics Card AndrewMacInnes General 2 August 12th 03 11:12 PM
Flakey Graphics card question. ~misfit~ General 6 August 3rd 03 07:45 AM