Siig Ultra ATA 133 PCI & HDD Problem

Old November 5th 03, 01:55 PM
Barry McKean

Default Siig Ultra ATA 133 PCI & HDD Problem

Hi,

Sorry for the cross post, but the more help the better.

Hopefully someone can help. I have just installed the Siig Ultra ATA
133 PCI card along with a Samsung 120GB HDD, but the HDD does not get
recognised as a drive in My Computer. The new drive is set to master
and is on the Primary channel on the card.

The Card is installed correctly and it along with device manager show
the Samsung drive without any problems. The card's BIOS shows the HDD
also as primary master. I have tried updating the drivers for the
card, but this didn't make any difference

This is my current setup.

PM=120GB WD HDD
PS=120GB WD HDD

SM=DVD Rom
SS=Liteon 52x CDRW

I just don't understand why WinXP Pro doesn't show the new Samsung
120GB in My Computer. TIA.

Cheers,

Barry
==========================
Remove SPAM TRAP to reply
==========================
Old November 5th 03, 03:00 PM
JT

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:55:28 +0000, Barry McKean
k wrote:

[...]

Needs to be formated with the disk manager in XP. Control
paneladministrative toolscomputer management.
Go to the disk management function. Partition and format the drive there.

JT
Old November 5th 03, 03:19 PM
Barry McKean

. uk wrote:

[...]

Thanks JT. I didn't realise you could format it from there. It
worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Barry
Remove SPAM TRAP to reply

AN35N Ultra BIOS Problem?? K. W. Overclocking AMD Processors 19 December 29th 04 08:08 PM
Ultra ATA/133 controller problem? Henry General 1 August 14th 04 12:55 AM
Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM