Speakers Recommendation

Old November 4th 03, 07:04 AM
waahoo

Default Speakers Recommendation

Hi all,

Ive been thinking of upgrading my PC sound.
Any ideas on what I should get? Does anyone have the Creative
Megaworks 210D? Its listed on the creative website for 150$, and
sounds like a great deal.
I've never heard them though.

My budget is around 150$. I've been thinking about the Klipsch GMX 2.1
(complaints about hissing?), the creative I-trigue 3500, the above
mentioned megaworks, and logitech z560 (blowout problems?).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
b.
Old November 4th 03, 06:41 PM
\(\) |V| 3 G A

i`ve got videologic ZXR-500. great 5.1's. £60UKP i think. not at all what i
was expecting for £60 though - their worth twice the price.

however, i`d recommend the ZXR-550 (a little bit more £££). same speakers,
but with a master volume knob that controls ALL speaker volumes. the 500's
have 4 seperate knobs for each speaker set (front,center, rear, sub)

tim
om...

Old November 5th 03, 12:42 AM
Eric Scofield

Ive been thinking of upgrading my PC sound.
Any ideas on what I should get? Does anyone have the Creative
Megaworks 210D? Its listed on the creative website for 150$, and
sounds like a great deal.
I've never heard them though.

My budget is around 150$. I've been thinking about the Klipsch GMX 2.1
(complaints about hissing?), the creative I-trigue 3500, the above
mentioned megaworks, and logitech z560 (blowout problems?).

Any suggestions?

I have a newer Altec Lansing 6 piece set and it sounds great. I would go
with Altec Lansing, Klipsch for good quality sound. Also, Boston Acoustics
and Cambridge Soundworks have very good speakers to consider.

- Eric

Old November 5th 03, 03:21 PM
jeffc

"waahoo" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

Ive been thinking of upgrading my PC sound.
Any ideas on what I should get? Does anyone have the Creative
Megaworks 210D? Its listed on the creative website for 150$, and
sounds like a great deal.
I've never heard them though.

My budget is around 150$. I've been thinking about the Klipsch GMX 2.1
(complaints about hissing?), the creative I-trigue 3500, the above
mentioned megaworks, and logitech z560 (blowout problems?).

Any suggestions?

If possible, you really want to listen for yourself. This isn't like CPUs
where you can just read the benchmarks. One man's "awesome" bass is another
man's bloated, flabby, underdamped rap machine. One man's sparkling,
detailed highs are another's screechy, etched treble that become fatiguing
after 10 minutes. OK, you're probably not going to be listening to
audiophile classical recordings, but you still want something that sounds
good to your ears on the stuff you listen to. A bigger more powerful
subwoofer is going to give more impact to explosions, and there's no way
around that. At the same time, you can't just go by woofer size or watts,
because those can be faked to give the numbers they want to give. You have
to listen. Generally speaking, if you like the sound of a brand, then there
other models in roughly the same price range will have similar attributes.
I've found Boston Acoustics to be pretty natural in the midrange and treble.
The Klipsch can often play loud, with good strong bass. Logitech seems to
be more of a mixed bag because of the range of quality in their models.

Hooking Up SPeakers to SoundCard Buck Turgidson General 2 December 10th 04 02:44 AM
Computer speakers and headphone jack...... jazu General 3 October 14th 04 11:44 AM
computer speakers RKH General 0 May 10th 04 12:59 AM
internal speakers AC Homebuilt PC's 2 October 1st 03 08:26 PM
Mouse causing speakers to crackle - Fix Super Moo General 1 August 1st 03 08:13 PM