Pentium question

Old April 26th 04, 06:39 PM
Robert Sligh

Default Pentium question

Question On pricewatch I see
the Pentium III 866 mhz 133bus for 47 dollars (866/256/133)
the Pentium III 850 mhz 100bus are 84 dollars (850/256/100 )
Is the price difference because of supply and demand or is there
another reason for this ?
I just obtained a dual processor Alton motherboard and after
installing my one and only Pentium processor 477 mhz I want to use
the dual board for a wile .
I'm not junking my 1700 AMD OC'ed to 2.2 mhz that runs like clockwork
on a ASUS motherboard . But just flound this price difference as
weird or hard to grasp !
I would haveposted this question on the Question PIII news group but
cant seem to find one ??

\\\////
( o o )
----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
Chameleon Cages
Yes! We can make any size you need...
Visa and Mastercard accepted

http://www.cages.net

Bob Sligh

"Your buddy in the business"
email
ooo0 0ooo
-----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
\_) ) /
(_/
Old April 27th 04, 02:32 AM
~misfit~

Robert Sligh wrote:
Question On pricewatch I see
the Pentium III 866 mhz 133bus for 47 dollars (866/256/133)
the Pentium III 850 mhz 100bus are 84 dollars (850/256/100 )
Is the price difference because of supply and demand or is there
another reason for this ?

The reason for the price difference is that there are far more boards out
there that are in need of an upgrade that will run a 100Mhz FSB than there
are boards that will run a 133MHz FSB. Therefore the 100Mhz FSB CPU is more
in demand. Most people running a board that runs at 133Mhz already have a
CPU equal to or better than the 133Mhz unit.
--
~misfit~

Old April 27th 04, 05:41 AM
straiton

and the 100 fsb ones generally overclock better.Used to have P3-850 oc to
1003
--
Steve H
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

"~misfit~" wrote in message
news

Old April 27th 04, 06:36 AM
Augustus

"straiton" wrote in message
and the 100 fsb ones generally overclock better.Used to have P3-850 oc to
1003

Not always....I had a Coppermine PIII 1000 133FSB that I ran at 156FSB /
1170Mhz for 2 1/2 years with just a Golden Orb cooler and stock voltage.
Ebayed it when I went to my Barton 2500.

Old April 27th 04, 01:13 PM
Robert Sligh

OK Thanks for the info . I just was trying to get a better
understanding of it .

\\\////

Pentium Question Forrest Overclocking 2 December 30th 04 02:01 AM
Pentium M 1.5Ghz = Pentium 4 what? Goodguy General 2 July 12th 04 06:19 AM
Celeron 2.80GHz vs. Northwood 2.60GHz Linards Ticmanis Overclocking 13 April 9th 04 01:15 AM
PENTIUM III QUESTION Carl R General 1 December 18th 03 01:27 AM
Pentium II CPU upgrading to Pentium III ??? Hans Huber General 14 July 18th 03 02:11 PM