DVI not working with Dell 2001fp and Radeon 9700 Pro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 25th 04, 09:34 AM
Drue

Default DVI not working with Dell 2001fp and Radeon 9700 Pro

I am having problems getting my 2001fp to run in digital mode with the
Radeon 9700 Pro. I believe I have tried most everything, and I cannot get
Catalyst Control Center 1.0.1698.24142 to detect my Dell 2001fp on the DVI
cable.

I know that the monitor is working, and I know that the DVI works because I
had it working on a Geforce4 Ti4200.

The monitor words in D-Sub fine. I switch the cords with the DVI and hit
the toggle button on the monitor and nothing happens. The monitor goes into
sleep mode because no signal is detected. I have tried plugging in a CRT on
the D-Sub and the Dell on the DVI, but I cannot get Catalyst or windows to
recognize the 2nd monitor.

I had this problem with the GeForce card as well. I fixed it by turning
turning digital on (while I was in analog mode) then switching the cables.
I cannot do this with the Radeon because the driver will not let me turn on
digital without detecting it first (I believe).

I have also tried installing the 2001fp.inf with no luck. Does anybody have
any ideas? What am I missing?

thank you for your time.

drue