Pulled the Trigger

Old April 6th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Nota Clu

Default Pulled the Trigger

and as threatened, bought a Digital Storm. Plan to over clock this biatch
to 3.0 GHz:
Did I make any mistakes?

System Configuration:
Case: Digital Storm Twister VALUE (Black Edition)
Power Supply: 470W Thermaltake (Silent PurePower Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz (1066MHz Front Side Bus) (4MB
Cache)
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI (Chipset: nForce 650i Intel) (SLI Compatible)
(Quad Core Conroe)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Super Talent at 800MHz (Dual Channel) (High-Performance)
Floppy / Media: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 1: 160GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive 2: - No Thanks
Raid Option: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: Sony DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 18x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL /
Network Connections)
Modem: - No Thanks
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7600GS 256MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Motherboard Multi-Channel High Definition Audio (7.1 Channel)
Physics Card: - No Thanks
Cooling: Air Cooling (Certified Digital Storm Heat-sink and Fan (Stage 1
Cooling)
Case Lighting: - No Thanks
Round Cables: - No Thanks
User Manual: FREE! Personalized Elite Digital Storm Binder
(Paperwork/Benchmarks/CDs/Manuals)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home
Restore Kit: FREE! Digital Storm Image Recovery System
Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: Microsoft Multimedia Desktop 2.0 (Multimedia Keyboard + Optical
Wheel Mouse)
Mouse: - No Thanks my keyboard comes with a mouse
Warranty: 2 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty
Support: Lifetime Toll-Free Platinum Care Technical Support

Sub-Total: $1,427.00
Tax: $0.00
S&H: UPS Ground $0.00
Grand Total: $1,427.00

Old April 6th 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

I'm probably missing something... I bought a XPS 410 with same
processor (4M cache), 4G RAM, etc. for $1,059.

What are you using your system for? If it's for gaming, I may be
missing something important. You probably have faster components in
that case.

Old April 6th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:14:50 -0500, Journey wrote:

I'm probably missing something... I bought a XPS 410 with same
processor (4M cache), 4G RAM, etc. for $1,059.

Note: above price was from the Dell outlet. I will buy all future
computers from the Dell outlet -- great deal, no problems.
Old April 6th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Nota Clu" wrote in message
[...]

Looks like a nice machine. Similarly configured Dimension 9200/XPS 410
would have been under $1000, but whatever floats your boat.

Tom

Old April 7th 07, 04:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Keith

This machine has faster RAM, but a slower video card than available with the
Dim 410.

The motherboard chipset is more recent as well.

What is interesting is that they compare their machines to Dells

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/tw...alueintel2.asp

Old April 7th 07, 02:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Nota Clu

The chip set and mother board were PC World magazine's top ranked in the
April 2007 edition (page 113).
I downgraded the video card as I am not really a gamer anymore.
AND a similar Dell as you noted is much more expensive!

. ..

Old April 7th 07, 02:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Of course it is cheaper on THEIR webpage. Reality is that the Dell is
likely a little cheaper. That said, if you're happy, who cares?

"Nota Clu" wrote in message
The chip set and mother board were PC World magazine's top ranked in the
April 2007 edition (page 113).
I downgraded the video card as I am not really a gamer anymore.
AND a similar Dell as you noted is much more expensive!

. ..

Old April 7th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Basill

"Nota Clu" wrote in message
[...]

Good question, but I would have asked it before I pulled the aforementioned
trigger!!

Old April 7th 07, 05:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

wrote:

and as threatened, bought a Digital Storm. Plan to over clock this biatch
to 3.0 GHz:
Did I make any mistakes?

Next time you pull the trigger, make sure that the gun is pointing
away from you.

Not really my sentiments, just hate to waste a good joke :-)

I do hope you enjoy your PC.
Old April 7th 07, 09:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

wrote:

and as threatened, bought a Digital Storm. Plan to over clock this biatch
to 3.0 GHz:
Did I make any mistakes?

When will you receive your PC? What do you plan on using it for. (if
anything is personal feel free to skip). Just want to focus on the
positives and the fun you'll be having.

When you say you want to overclock it, what will that gain you. You
aren't into games which would have first come to mind. Are you into
video processing?

I find the processor that you have speedy enough for all tasks I have
thrown at it (although I havne't done video processing with it yet).

I bought my XPS 410 from the outlet to have a XP desktop with maximum
specs with hardware that has drivers for XP. In a way it's insurance
because my E510 P4 is being stressed. I don't need two desktops, but
am keeping the E510 as a test PC for shareware and other programs.

Finally I love the 640m laptop (also Core 2 w 4M cache). I lucked
out. I didn't know there was a 1440 x 900 resolution. I thought I
would be getting WXGA. This makes the 640m the ideal laptop size from
Dell for me (although I suspect I might like some of the latitudes
better). I think I am going to extend the warranty a year (wonder if
I can do that after the fact for the same price as if I had purchased
it at time of purchase). That would give me 3 years of complete care.

Anyway, what are you planning on using your system for?