Where can I get Asus mainboard instructions and rear port template?

Old February 21st 06, 07:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default Where can I get Asus mainboard instructions and rear port template?

I am trying to build my own computer and appear to have mae a big mistake.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ordering an Asus mainboard from
NewEgg.com that was OEM and not retail. Therefore, I have no instructions
or rear port template.

Anyone know where I can find instructions for the ASUS K8N-E DELUXE Socket
754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard and the rear port template?

Also, can someone recommend the appropriate processor fan?

Darren

Old February 21st 06, 07:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"Darren" wrote in message
I am trying to build my own computer and appear to have mae a big mistake.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ordering an Asus mainboard from
NewEgg.com that was OEM and not retail. Therefore, I have no instructions
or rear port template.

Anyone know where I can find instructions for the ASUS K8N-E DELUXE Socket
754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard and the rear port template?

Also, can someone recommend the appropriate processor fan?

Darren

Asus has most motherboard manuals in PDF form on their website. You might be
able to get a template from Asus support, but some motherboards will fit the
standard templates that comes with the case.

Do you mean fan, or heatsink/fan? To choose a fan, you must first choose a
heatsink, since they don't all use the same size fan. You should probably
specify which CPU you have. If you get a retail version of a CPU, it will
come with a HSF.

Old February 21st 06, 08:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Another costly screw up.

I got the OEM version of AMD Athlon 64 2800+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754
Processor.

It comes with no fan.

Thanks for the info on Asus support for the template. The case I have does
not match at all.

I will never buy OEM again.

Darren

Old February 21st 06, 09:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 02:35:14 -0500, "Darren"
wrote:
I am trying to build my own computer and appear to have mae a big mistake.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ordering an Asus mainboard from
NewEgg.com that was OEM and not retail. Therefore, I have no instructions
or rear port template.
Anyone know where I can find instructions for the ASUS K8N-E DELUXE Socket
754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard and the rear port template?
Also, can someone recommend the appropriate processor fan?

Darren

I had the same problem with a Gigabyte Pentium 4 OEM board that for no
apparent reason had the 2 USB ports at the opposite end to the mouse &
keyboard sockets instead of next to them. Some Hewlett Packard OEM
Pentium 3 boards also had a non-standard layout but only 2 rear USB
ports.
I can understand manufacturers using a non-standard layout when boards
have 4 or even 6 rear USB ports but I don't see any reason to deviate
from the norm when there are only 2.
I had to cut 3 standard backplates up and join them together to make
something that fitted!
DM
Old February 21st 06, 11:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 21-Feb-2006, "Darren" wrote:

I am trying to build my own computer and appear to have mae a big mistake.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ordering an Asus mainboard from
NewEgg.com that was OEM and not retail. Therefore, I have no instructions
or rear port template.

Anyone know where I can find instructions for the ASUS K8N-E DELUXE Socket
754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard and the rear port template?

Also, can someone recommend the appropriate processor fan?

Darren

Check ebay. That is where I found my manual and template for my Asus P4800
SE.
Old February 21st 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Anyone know where I can find instructions for the ASUS K8N-E DELUXE Socket
754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard and the rear port template?

Please try he

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Submit your three line selecction and then there comes a "Manual" tab.
The english version is at the bottom.

Old February 22nd 06, 06:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

http://estore.asus.com/shop/category.asp?catid=191

The I/O shield is $5 plus shipping. I don't know whether you'd do better
with the eBay vendors, but I doubt it. (I've used the e-store just once.
There was a mix up with the part numbers, but they rectified it quickly and
I just received the correct part.)

The port brackets that might have been included with the retail version are
also available there, should you want them. They're not inexpensive ($10,
$12, plus shipping).

The manual is available for download:

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...n-e_deluxe.pdf

Don't bother buying the support CD, as all the drivers you'd need are
available for download at support.asus.com.

I don't know what to recommend for a CPU heatsink & fan. I've only used the
heatsink included with the retail CPU, or an expensive third-party one
(Thermalright XP-120, for example). www.newegg.com lists a number of
heatsink/fan combinations. The cheapest are less than $7, but the shipping
charge would be $5.

I hope that you can get the system built for not too much more than you'd
have spent with a retail board. ;-)