301 Keyboard Error - 3 Different Keyboards (all get lights a'flashin')

Old November 9th 03, 02:16 AM
Kris

Default 301 Keyboard Error - 3 Different Keyboards (all get lights a'flashin')

My neice has a Deskpro EN (500 Mhz, I think). It was working, had to
be moved and now I get a 301 error. I have tried 3 different
keyboards and they all flash when plugged in but that's all I get, no
keys work. Then, if I just let the PC sit for a few minutes,
NUM/CAPS/SCROLL will flash on and off periodically. Anything I can do
here? I'm grateful for ANY suggestions!

Kris
Old November 9th 03, 08:58 AM
Hank Arnold

Also, check the pins in the keyboard plug. One may be bent.
--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Big Bob Smith" wrote in message
*
Your keyboard may be unplugged or the plug may not be in
securely. Click here and scroll down to diagram 2 to see the proper
keyboard connection. After checking the keyboard plug, shut down your
computer and after a few seconds, turn it on again. If it boots up
properly, the problem is solved.
*
Your keyboard may have a key that is stuck or something is
resting on the keyboard causing the keys to be depressed. Remove the
item(s) from the keyboard and reboot your computer

Old November 12th 03, 09:24 PM
Kris

I don't recall seeing a button, only a cmos jumper... would that do it??

Thanks!

Kris

Sharmon wrote in message . ..
Look for a "CMOS" button on yo0ur system board . Unplug your computer
and hold it down for 60 seconds , then reboot

Old November 13th 03, 02:36 PM
Cubzilla

It is in the correct socket ?

also have you plugged the keyboard in while the machine was on, cos there is
a fuse on the mobo i think that can pop

btw take a notee of the flashing keyboard leds the can sometimes indicate an
error code that can be checked aginst info on the inside of the lid

Regards

"Sharmon @user.com" Georgenospam wrote in message
Same thing though do it for 1 minute with the power unplugged not just
off

On 12 Nov 2003 13:24:43 -0800, (Kris) wrote:

I don't recall seeing a button, only a cmos jumper... would that do it??

Thanks!

Kris

. ..