Anyone tried the F8 bios for 8KNXP?

Old November 20th 03, 09:20 AM
Dominic Phoon

Default Anyone tried the F8 bios for 8KNXP?

Anyone? I am still using F5, wondering if I should update.

Thanks

Old November 20th 03, 09:22 AM
Dominic Phoon

Here's the link :

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...S_GA-8KNXP.htm

Old November 20th 03, 10:54 AM
Cosmo

that link only goes to version F6!
anybody got a link o F7 and F8, maybe ftp?

Old November 20th 03, 12:11 PM
Cosmo

ouch!
thanx fot the hint! it's there! :-)

"Dominic Phoon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
You tried refreshing your browser. Its definately F8 on my side.

y.telekom.at...

Old November 21st 03, 12:04 AM
Peter Bungart

I'm using F6, but when I tried flashing to either F7 or F8, system hangs
when verifying DMI pool (although it says it was successful). I tried using
@Bios in Windows XP Pro & using DualBios prior to booting. I end up
reverting back to F6 & everything is OK again. Anyone having this problem?
Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I also noticed that some of the boot disk options
changed with F7 & 8, meaning there are fewer choices. Does this concern
anyone? I plan on setting up a Raid0 SATA boot drive (2 hd's) in the near
future. Thanks.

Old November 21st 03, 12:11 AM
mark7dc

F8 is working just fine here, with both SATA and IDE drives. My board
came with F5 and worked just fine from day one. Updaed to F6 and had
no problems. Skipped F7.

--
There Can Be No Triumph Without Loss
There Can Be No Victory Without Sacrifice

Old November 21st 03, 01:42 AM
bdh

I just tried F8 on mine. I disabled hyper threading. loaded failsafe
defaults then q flashed(f8) the new bios.
I could not boot from the intel raid array, and lost the choice in my bios,
also I could not get to the bios from del button. I had to wait and go thru
boot process - (after it hangs at "update dmi successful" it goes into
bios). I reflashed to f6 and got my options back , then successfully booted
to my raid array.

Old November 21st 03, 06:10 AM
Dominic Phoon

Did you do any benchmarks? Apparently F7 reduced about 200 points in
Sandra's memory bandwidth benchmark. I am quoting this from RC from another
thread. I wonder if F8 was suppose to solve this.

Old November 21st 03, 01:03 PM
Old Dude

With F8 installed, my PC totally freezes up when I try to enter the BIOS
menu screen.

I can press the DEL key one or more times at different points during the
initial boot up process, and until the add-on BIOSes are processed (GigRAID,
Promise SX4000 RAID controller card), I don't get the BIOS menu screen.
Then, the PC does not respond to any keyboard input. With F7B, I had no
problems like this.

I have also removed both the CMOS battery and the power supply AC cord,
waited 5 minutes, and still no change in behavior.

Does anyone have a solution to this?