GA 790 XTA-UD4 Slow POST

Old September 26th 10, 09:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Kernel

Default GA 790 XTA-UD4 Slow POST

Rev 0, F3: This mobo shows a black screen during cold boot, for approx 20
seconds, and usually the first thing that appears is loading operating
system, the first XP screen. I'd guess the video card (Asus 5770) is not
why. During restarts the splash screen shows more or less normally,
although again there's a black screen for maybe 10 seconds.

I've had several Gigabyte boards, never saw one take this long to load the
splash screen. Wonder if it's the video card (which otherwise seems to be
working quite well)?

Old September 27th 10, 05:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Kernel wrote:
Rev 0, F3: This mobo shows a black screen during cold boot, for approx 20
seconds, and usually the first thing that appears is loading operating
system, the first XP screen. I'd guess the video card (Asus 5770) is not
why. During restarts the splash screen shows more or less normally,
although again there's a black screen for maybe 10 seconds.

I've had several Gigabyte boards, never saw one take this long to load the
splash screen. Wonder if it's the video card (which otherwise seems to be
working quite well)?

Have you tested with a second monitor ? Perhaps a monitor with a
VGA connector on it ? What happens then ? It could be a monitor issue.

Paul

Old September 28th 10, 06:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Geoff

Hello,

Mine does not show a black screen as you describe but from POST to the
windows desktop takes about 1 minute, which is very long. Previous boards
were 20 seconds or less.

Users commented on Newegg about this board's 'slow boot' and on youtube,
some show the board booting and theirs also took about 1 minute.

--g

Old September 28th 10, 10:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Kernel

Thank you. It is likely a BIOS problem, since that's the first thing to run
during boot; perhaps they'll come out with a new one one of these days.
It's not the monitor, and I doubt if it's the video card (Asus 5770)...gotta
be the mobo.

"geoff" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

Mine does not show a black screen as you describe but from POST to the
windows desktop takes about 1 minute, which is very long. Previous boards
were 20 seconds or less.

Users commented on Newegg about this board's 'slow boot' and on youtube,
some show the board booting and theirs also took about 1 minute.

--g

P5E MB slow POST Core2Duo Asus Motherboards 25 March 2nd 09 03:58 PM
Slow POST ElJerid General 4 September 7th 07 07:16 AM
XEROX PHASER 790 Pete Printers 0 September 13th 04 02:13 AM
new P4C800ED bios 1017 seems slow at POST Alex Asus Motherboards 21 August 18th 04 02:02 PM
Mega-slow system POST FrobinRobin Overclocking 5 June 28th 04 01:54 AM