They Hate Every Board

Old March 28th 10, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

Default They Hate Every Board

I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
all the people that hate the board. This is true for every motherboard
under $100 from any manufacturer.

It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
AMD processors?
Old March 28th 10, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Barry Watzman

Not for an AMD processor. But for an Intel processor, I have used a
number of ECS G31T-M boards (discontinued), and they are very good (use
them with a "Pentium Dual Core" CPU; I like the E6300 because it has
hardware virtualization).

[The Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L is a very similar board, sometimes available
for as little as $50.]

Many (probably most) of the people who buy motherboards do not know what
they are doing. The problems are often theirs, not that of the motherboard.

Old March 29th 10, 07:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

I guess the word Hyperbole is not in your lexicon.

I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
assumption) the technical know-how to build a system, would find
problems with the board.

If even 100 out of every particular model of a car turned out to be a
lemon, it would make front page news.

But, your point is well taken and I am going to buy the board. I
should not have a problem with it. It will either work or not, in
which case I will send it back.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, Steve wrote:

In article ,
says...

I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
all the people that hate the board.

That's a lie.

This is true for every motherboard
under $100 from any manufacturer.

That is also a lie.

It is making me crazy.

It appears that Newegg has nothing to do with that process.

Any recommendations for a low cost board for
AMD processors?

429 reviews out of 633 gave the motherboard you mention 5 stars. What's
your problem with it?

Old March 30th 10, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Barry Watzman

"I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
assumption) the technical know-how to build a system,"

I think your assumption is dead wrong. AT LEAST half the people who buy
motherboards don't have the foggiest idea what they are really doing
(not withstanding that they may think that they do).

Old March 30th 10, 01:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Barry Watzman

MicroCenter has a deal, get a Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H motherboard FREE
when you buy any of 4 processors (they are offering one Athlon and 3
Phenom) that fit this board. The processors are $99.95 each except for
the Phenom II X4 965, which is $179. Not sure if this is "in store
only" or available by mail order.

Old March 31st 10, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
TheDuck

Stop reading the reports as they are useless. Any system board by a good mfr
will work fine. You should concern yourself with price and do the features
on the board meet your needs in a system.

Old April 4th 10, 06:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Geoff

Look for boards that meet your needs by sorting, using the left hand column,
then click on 'top sellers'.

In the list of boards, sort by 'number of reviews' to see what everyone is
buying, also sort by 'rating' to see which boards are rated highest.

Next read the reviews for the boards and make a decision. For a MB, if it
does not have at least several hundred reviews, I will not consider it.

When reading reviews, some people always seem to have problems. However, if
you see an issue repeated often then it is probably true.

The reviews and pricing are what make newegg worthwile. Without the
reviews, I would buy using pricewatch.com, which I used to do pre-newegg.

--g

DDR Ram question (I hate this mother board) Beavoid Asus Motherboards 0 November 23rd 05 07:03 AM
I hate... Mr. Brian Allen Nvidia Videocards 13 March 27th 05 05:12 PM
people i hate Me General Hardware 0 September 3rd 04 01:55 PM
people i hate Me General Hardware 0 September 3rd 04 01:51 PM
I Hate LGA Dennis E Strausser Jr Overclocking 1 July 10th 04 03:55 PM