HP Using ELPIDA Memory in DL380 G4?

Old April 12th 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Default HP Using ELPIDA Memory in DL380 G4?

Is HP using memory from a Japanese company named ELPIDA in the DL380 G4?
I am showing assembly 345113-851 Spare 413385-001 as the 1GB DIMM that is
part of the 2 GB memory kit. I ordered this from the vendor and it does
have the HP label, but I have never seen the ELPIDA label on any other
memory product HP sells. It looked wrong.

--
Will

Old April 12th 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

If it says HP and is works, it's probably fine. HP source memory from a
number (at least 4) of OEM manufacturors.

There is fake HP memory out there, but it's rare. If you think the memory
may be fake, place a call with HP and ask them to check it.

Old April 12th 07, 11:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

"Jez T" wrote in message
If it says HP and is works, it's probably fine. HP source memory from a
number (at least 4) of OEM manufacturors.

There is fake HP memory out there, but it's rare. If you think the memory
may be fake, place a call with HP and ask them to check it.

If a single end user out there would drop in and confirm that they have
authentic HP memory manufactured by ELPIDA, that would be enough for me.

I don't need to go on another long goose chase to an Indian call center,
thanks for the offer.

--
Will

Old April 13th 07, 02:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

http://www.2dehands.nl/ddr2-4gb-reg-...-20730015.html
4GB REGISTERED PC2-3200 DDR2 400 CL3 ECC, Merk Elpida, All Rank
HP Certified Server Memory - (2x 2GB) sealed in box.

"Will" wrote in message
news

Old April 14th 07, 10:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

"Phil" wrote
http://www.2dehands.nl/ddr2-4gb-reg-...-20730015.html
4GB REGISTERED PC2-3200 DDR2 400 CL3 ECC, Merk Elpida, All Rank
HP Certified Server Memory - (2x 2GB) sealed in box.

Hmm. Never seen a box like that.

HP server support for Netherland is done by Dutch guys. Ring them up, ask
them to help you check that the memory is genuine. HP take fake memory VERY
seriously.

Old April 14th 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

"Jez T" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote
http://www.2dehands.nl/ddr2-4gb-reg-...-20730015.html
4GB REGISTERED PC2-3200 DDR2 400 CL3 ECC, Merk Elpida, All Rank
HP Certified Server Memory - (2x 2GB) sealed in box.

Hmm. Never seen a box like that.

HP server support for Netherland is done by Dutch guys. Ring them up, ask
them to help you check that the memory is genuine. HP take fake memory

VERY
seriously.

Jez,
Can't say anything about the Dutch, or that memory, but I have bought Compaq
Memory "kits" in the past packaged just like that, of course it was
stateside though. That is the only thing I could find on the memory in
question, but that memory manufacture says they have certified HP memory.

Old April 14th 07, 09:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Which phone number at HP do you think would lead to someone who could do a
thorough job of verifying the memory as genuine HP? I am highly
skeptical that the generic support numbers would support this question well,
and they WOULD WASTE at least 45 minutes of my time.

--
Will

"Phil" wrote

Old April 15th 07, 10:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

"Will" wrote in message
Which phone number at HP

Which country?

USA

Sorry - can't help. I've never had anything to do with the US side of HP's
operations.

Try the HP Forums. They can be excellent.

DL380 (G1) Wake-On-LAN??? [email protected] Compaq Servers 4 August 14th 06 10:42 AM
DL380 G1... Rick F. Compaq Servers 5 May 31st 06 11:36 PM
Chipmaker Elpida Admits Price Fixing YKhan General 20 February 1st 06 11:22 AM
Elpida announces DDR3 RAM! YKhan General 0 August 23rd 05 06:34 PM
ProLiant DL380 G1 Memory VinceV Compaq Servers 1 December 25th 04 05:31 PM