HP Netserver LH 6000R

Old March 30th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Ben Myers

Default HP Netserver LH 6000R

I post pretty regularly to the hp hardware newsgroup, which has become less and
less active as time goes by... Ben Myers

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:17:52 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
.. .
Not so fast forgiving him! He's an insulting troll. Better to ignore
his
messages... Ben Myers

Hey you top posting trolll ....

; )

I prefer to be the first to take the high-road.

Havent seen you around for a while, Ben. How have you been?

- LC

Old March 30th 07, 05:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
msg

Nut Cracker wrote:

OK, I give, who are you?

First archived reference? :

Newsgroups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
From: "NuTcracker"
Date: 24 Dec 2000 19:12:04 GMT
Subject: dl380 processors upgrade

snip

Todd MCSE, ASE
eBay ~ lordcompaq

LC = "Lord Compaq"?

Regards,

Michael
Old March 30th 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Nut Cracker

"msg" wrote in message
Nut Cracker wrote:

OK, I give, who are you?

First archived reference? :

Newsgroups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
From: "NuTcracker"
Date: 24 Dec 2000 19:12:04 GMT

heheh

First reference under that name. Was posting here before that ... since the
1998, if memory serves me correctly.

nice work

- LC

Old March 30th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

"Nut Cracker" wrote in message t
"PeterD" wrote in message news

Since you are new to this group, I will forgive you.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... Folkert, new? Bwa-ha-ha-ha

New to this group ...

Not to this group.

I have been posting regularly to this group for the last 8+ years.

So have I to this group.

Some might say I am the highest volume poster here.

So you are that group's babblebot. Good for you.

So yes, he is new.

And so are you.

His disposition

Like hiding behind a nym?

cannot possibly suggest otherwise.

Like you are obviously still a newby on matters SCSI.

I suggest you do some research as to who I am before making hasty
generalizations

OK, I give, who are you?

Google is your friend

And if you had used it you would have known who I am.

- LC

Old March 30th 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I post pretty regularly to the hp hardware newsgroup, which has become less and
less active as time goes by... Ben Myers

Could it be clueless babblebots like you that drove the experts away.

Old March 30th 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Right. Some sort of failure when accessing drives with SCSI IDs 1 and 2.

"Some sort of failure" . Brilliant.

If you are attempting to put the computer back into service, rather than fix
a computer which is already in service, I recommend starting from scratch,
reconfiguring the RAID subsystem just like it was brand-new out of the box.

You may have to replace one or more of the drives.

You haven't got a single clue, haven't you, Meyers.

His box suffered a blackout.
Some sectors were written incomplete causing them to show as bad sectors on read.
All the OP needs to do is write those sectors over and the problem is over as far as
the hardware is concerned.
On the practical side of it he may be able to delete the offending files and reclaim
the space with the bad sector by writing new ones.

Also, please note "Battery backup:Module missing - Tue Mar 13 11:22:50 2007".

This tells me that the battery in the battery backup is

probably

Right, it obviously can't be what is actually says there.

dead or defective...

And the difference is?

Ben Myers

On 27 Mar 2007 23:49:36 -0700, "ping" wrote:

Hi,

Does this mean Hard disk SCSI ID 1,2 something is wrong? This happen
after a blackout. Can it be the RAID 5 stripe inconsistent?

Thanks!

NOTIFY:Check Condition on Ch 0 ID 1 with the following sense key - Tue Mar 13 11:22:18 2007
f0 00 03 02 59 30 45 18 00 00 00 00 11 00
NOTIFY:Check Condition on Ch 0 ID 2 with the following sense key - Tue Mar 13 11:22:18 2007
f0 00 03 02 d4 80 e2 18 00 00 00 00 11 00
NOTIFY:Check Condition on Ch 0 ID 2 with the following sense key - Tue Mar 13 11:22:18 2007
f0 00 03 02 d4 80 f0 18 00 00 00 00 11 00

Battery backup:Module missing - Tue Mar 13 11:22:50 2007
Log Started.

On Mar 28, 2:14 pm, "ping" wrote:
Hi,

All the hard disk in the cage is showing amber light. How do I verify
which hard disk is failing? In the log there is only sensekey error.
Will study the sensekey log.

Thanks!

On Mar 28, 1:09 pm, Ben Myers wrote:

A sense key error is the SCSI way of telling you something is very wrong with a
SCSI hard drive.

If you replace the NetRaid, you will need to use the new RAID adapter's built-in
firmware (or on software CD or diskette) to set up all the drives again. Before
doing so, make sure all your drives are in working order... Ben Myers

On 27 Mar 2007 21:06:33 -0700, "ping" wrote:

Hi,

I have an old HP Netserver 6000R. Recently the all the hard disk LED
shows amber light and from the event log I saw some "Sensekey error".
Do you guys know what exactly sensekey error means?

Also, can I replace NetRaid adapter with Compaq Smart Array series?
Are they compatible and will the OS still able to bootup?

Old March 31st 07, 03:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Jez T

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote
New to this group ...

Not to this group.

Will you lot kindly check the crosspost list and stop ranting out of yer
arses.

Old March 31st 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

"Jez T" wrote in message
"Folkert Rienstra" wrote

New to this group ...

Not to this group.

Will you lot kindly check the crosspost list and stop ranting out of yer arses.

Pity the only ones talking from ther collective arses were from your group.
The correct answers came from this one.
Old April 1st 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Jez T

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Jez T" wrote in message

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote

New to this group ...
Not to this group.

Will you lot kindly check the crosspost list and stop ranting out of yer
arses.

Pity the only ones talking from ther collective arses were from your
group.
The correct answers came from this one.

Quick Google for "Folkert Rienstra" was sure to bring up some cheap laughs.

Looks like he's been 1/2 trolling, 1/2 dishing out tech. advice for quite
come time now. Not quite as long as LC and I though...

"Hey Folkert, Can you answer a question without the "sarcastic passive
aggression"? "

"In stead of telling everyone how wrong they are, you might make yourself
useful
by also telling them how to get it right. Yeah, that seems to be the problem
with
Folkert Reinstra's posts. ... Could You be a bit more factual, Folkert? ...
"

"If you say Folkert real fast 10 times it begins to sound like ****er. You
know he had to be teased as a kid.... "

Old April 1st 07, 03:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
msg

Jez T wrote:

Quick Google for "Folkert Rienstra" was sure to bring up some cheap laughs.

Third International Conference on Software Quality
Winning in the `90's -- The Quality Way ...
October 4-6, 1993
Hyatt Regency, Lake Tahoe, Nevada

Come hear the latest advances in Software Quality Assurance. Speakers
from Japan, Europe and America share information on ISO 9000 &
Software, SEI's CMM, QFD for Software, Metrics, Process Improvements,
Risk Impacts and more... Two full days of Conference Sessions &
Vendor Exhibitions. 10 Tutorials on Wednesday, a Banquet dinner
Monday evening, and numerous guest tours.

snip

- ISO 9000 Within a Software Development Environment -
Folkert Rienstra is the cofounder and chairman of the European
Agreement Group for assessment and certification of Quality Systems in
the Information Technology Sector.

I wonder if it is the same person - such a different area of
expertise than what a denizen of the storage newsgroups would
have.

Regards,

Michael