HP Netserver LH 6000R

Old March 29th 07, 06:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

Default HP Netserver LH 6000R

"ping" wrote in message oups.com
Hi,

How to read the sense code, qualifier, etc? Is the sensecode same
throughout different vendor and family?

The sensecode reference is in hex format. and how do I compare the log
file with the reference?

For example, from the log:
f0 00 03 02 59 30 45 18 00 00 00 00 11 00

How do I know which byte is a sensekey, and which byte is a sensekey
qualifier? I am kind of weak trying to dicipher these.

No, you didn't even bother to read what Rob wrote.
Neither did you bother to follow nutter's link.

Will it help if I do a consistency check using NetRaid utilities?

When I call HP support, they could not determinne which part
fails (They suspect scsi backplane). From the log, however they tend to
say it is a soft-error (recoverable error). Also, they informed me that
the battery backup module is optional and might not be installed.

I do not know how true it is.

Deaf, and blind as well?

Appreciate help from you guys.

Obviously not with the effort you displayed.

Thanks.

On Mar 28, 11:20 pm, "Rob Turk" wrote:
"ping" wrote in message ups.com...

Hi,

Does this mean Hard disk SCSI ID 1,2 something is wrong? This happen
after a blackout. Can it be the RAID 5 stripe inconsistent?

Thanks!

NOTIFY:Check Condition on Ch 0 ID 1 with the following sense key - Tue Mar 13 11:22:18 2007
f0 00 03 02 59 30 45 18 00 00 00 00 11 00
NOTIFY:Check Condition on Ch 0 ID 2 with the following sense key - Tue Mar 13 11:22:18 2007
f0 00 03 02 d4 80 e2 18 00 00 00 00 11 00
NOTIFY:Check Condition on Ch 0 ID 2 with the following sense key - Tue Mar 13 11:22:18 2007
f0 00 03 02 d4 80 f0 18 00 00 00 00 11 00

Battery backup:Module missing - Tue Mar 13 11:22:50 2007
Log Started.

Both drives show Sense key 03 (the 3rd byte), which means 'Media error'.
Further detail can be found in byte 12 and 13 (ASC=11 and ASCQ=00), which
means 'Unrecoverable Read Error'. Looks like your drives are toast. If all
drives show this at the very same time you either experienced a cooling
failure that really overheated the drives, you bumped the server off the
table, or if you're very lucky, you have a power supply problem that messes
up the drives.

Old March 29th 07, 09:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
NuT CrAcKeR

keep thining mate the anser was already given; wot did you not unnerstand
about it

your rudeness is not appreciated.

Old March 29th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Ben Myers

The OP's lack of effort (or possibly lack of deep knowledge) is surpassed only
by your rude and boorish responses... Ben Myers

Old March 30th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
The OP's lack of effort (or possibly lack of deep knowledge) is surpassed only
by your rude and boorish responses... Ben Myers

And that from an utterly clueless topposter. I'm deeply impressed.

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:17:08 +0200, "Folkert Rienstra" wrote:

[snip]
Old March 30th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Folkert Rienstra

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message t
keep thining mate the anser was already given; wot did you not unnerstand
about it

your rudeness is not appreciated.

(Coming from some punk kid with a complete disregard for spelling and punctuation)

If you must give clueless answers even after the correct one was already given,
please leave the professional groups out of it and confine yourself to the group(s)
where cluelessness reigns. Either that or shutup and let the professionals handle it.

Old March 30th 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
NuT CrAcKeR

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
keep thining mate the anser was already given; wot did you not
unnerstand
about it

your rudeness is not appreciated.

(Coming from some punk kid with a complete disregard for spelling and
punctuation)

If you must give clueless answers even after the correct one was already
given,
please leave the professional groups out of it and confine yourself to the
group(s)
where cluelessness reigns. Either that or shutup and let the professionals
handle it.

Since you are new to this group, I will forgive you.

I suggest you do some research as to who I am before making hasty
generalizations

- LC

Old March 30th 07, 05:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Ben Myers

Not so fast forgiving him! He's an insulting troll. Better to ignore his
messages... Ben Myers

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:05:29 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:

freenews.net...

Old March 30th 07, 02:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Nut Cracker

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Not so fast forgiving him! He's an insulting troll. Better to ignore
his
messages... Ben Myers

Hey you top posting trolll ....

; )

I prefer to be the first to take the high-road.

Havent seen you around for a while, Ben. How have you been?

- LC

Old March 30th 07, 02:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
PeterD

wrote:

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message
freenews.net...
"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
keep thining mate the anser was already given; wot did you not
unnerstand
about it

your rudeness is not appreciated.

(Coming from some punk kid with a complete disregard for spelling and
punctuation)

If you must give clueless answers even after the correct one was already
given,
please leave the professional groups out of it and confine yourself to the
group(s)
where cluelessness reigns. Either that or shutup and let the professionals
handle it.

Since you are new to this group, I will forgive you.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... Folkert, new? Bwa-ha-ha-ha

I suggest you do some research as to who I am before making hasty
generalizations

OK, I give, who are you?

- LC

Old March 30th 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Nut Cracker

"PeterD" wrote in message
news

Since you are new to this group, I will forgive you.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha... Folkert, new? Bwa-ha-ha-ha

New to this group ... I have been posting regularly to this group for the
last 8+ years. Some might say I am the highest volume poster here. So yes,
he is new. His disposition cannot possibly suggest otherwise.

I suggest you do some research as to who I am before making hasty
generalizations

OK, I give, who are you?

Google is your friend

- LC