HP Network Application Wipes Out Network Connections

Old July 1st 06, 07:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default HP Network Application Wipes Out Network Connections

I installed the latest Proliant Service Pack (PSP) for Windows 2003, and
after a reboot my Network Connections folder is empty. The system gadgets
area now links an HP network icon to the HP Network Configuration
application. How do I configure TCP/IP settings here? How do I get
access to the familiar Microsoft list of protocols installed, and the
associated configuration dialogs for each?

I'm not crazy about the HP way of doing this. What is the easiest way to

Will

Old July 1st 06, 08:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

I get the feeling after looking deeper that the HP Network Configuration
utility has wiped out or corrupted networking on my Windows 2003 server. I
don't find any way to uninstall this application in Add Remove Programs.
It is apparently a protocol that needs to be uninstalled from within the
list of protocols in the Microsoft properties dialog for the adapter. But
I have no way to bring up that dialog because the list of adapters is empty.
How do I recover at this point?

--
Will

Old July 1st 06, 10:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
NuTCrAcKeR

"Will" wrote in message
I get the feeling after looking deeper that the HP Network Configuration
utility has wiped out or corrupted networking on my Windows 2003 server.
don't find any way to uninstall this application in Add Remove Programs.
It is apparently a protocol that needs to be uninstalled from within the
list of protocols in the Microsoft properties dialog for the adapter.
But
I have no way to bring up that dialog because the list of adapters is
empty.
How do I recover at this point?

--
Will

Which version of the PSP did you install? What Server is it on? What NIC's
do you have? Did you lay down the latest versions for the drivers?

I have seen this happen a couple times, and we found the issue to be doing
the PSP via an RDP session. You need to do it via an RDP CONSOLE session to
ensure success.

Get your NIC drivers straight, and you will see them under the NCU.

- LC

Old July 2nd 06, 04:34 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
t...
Which version of the PSP did you install? What Server is it on? What NIC's
do you have? Did you lay down the latest versions for the drivers?

The PSP I installed was the latest on the HP site for DL380 G2. I
downloaded 7.51 found he

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/24537.html

Server is a DL380 G2. NIC is the built in 10/100 card on that system
(NC3xxx). The latest drivers were installed by the PSP, and I guess those
are 8.x.

I have seen this happen a couple times, and we found the issue to be doing
the PSP via an RDP session. You need to do it via an RDP CONSOLE session

ensure success.

Get your NIC drivers straight, and you will see them under the NCU.

I installed PSP from the console directly, no RDP involved.

I'm open to ideas on how to get the correct NIC drivers installed, but in
the meantime is there a way to just get this thing off my system and just
let Microsoft re-install the defaults (which were working fine I might add).

--
Will

Old July 2nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Nut Cracker

I installed PSP from the console directly, no RDP involved.

I'm open to ideas on how to get the correct NIC drivers installed, but in
the meantime is there a way to just get this thing off my system and just
let Microsoft re-install the defaults (which were working fine I might
add).

--
Will

first, your NIC's have to show up in the device manager. If necessary,
remove the adapters, and let the OS re-PnP them. Once they are there and
look healthy, then go to your network properties and chose any of the
available network interfaces.

Once at an adapters properties, you will see an HP advanced
driver-thingo-or-something bound to the interface. It should have a
checkmark next to it. If you highlight that option, and then click the
uninstall button below the listed components, the entire tool will be
removed.

Then, you can start over.

Firmware (if applicable) should be updated
Drivers should be updated
Re-install the NCU

You can do this discretely from the packages that are in the PSP folder.
There is a text file that identifies what each of the packages are, so
chosing them is very easy.

I hope that helps,

- LC