Latest Ebay purchase

Old June 7th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Latest Ebay purchase

LC wanted some action here, and this is the best I can do on short
notice.

This is my latest ebay buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I am extremely happy with it (for the price). What do you think? Did I
get hosed?

Jeff

Old June 7th 06, 02:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

thoroughly hosed !!!!

i love when people list good gear with bad descriptions. keeps the lazy
buyers out and allows you to cleanup!

nice work, as long as it doesnt cost $125 to get it shipped to you

; )

- LC

ups.com...

Old June 7th 06, 02:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Nut Cracker wrote:
thoroughly hosed !!!!

i love when people list good gear with bad descriptions. keeps the lazy
buyers out and allows you to cleanup!

nice work, as long as it doesnt cost $125 to get it shipped to you

; )

- LC

Shipping was $11.40. Total cost was $12.65.

FIVE sets of cables included!!!!!!

Jeff

Old June 7th 06, 04:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nut Cracker wrote:
thoroughly hosed !!!!

i love when people list good gear with bad descriptions. keeps the lazy
buyers out and allows you to cleanup!

nice work, as long as it doesnt cost $125 to get it shipped to you

; )

- LC

Shipping was $11.40. Total cost was $12.65.

FIVE sets of cables included!!!!!!

Jeff

quite a deal, my friend ... i have a compaq (apex) 8x1 and a dell (apex)
16x1, and a cybex commander (8x1 with all the cables) .... only using the
dell ATM ...

- LC

Old June 7th 06, 06:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
quite a deal, my friend ... i have a compaq (apex) 8x1 and a dell (apex)
16x1, and a cybex commander (8x1 with all the cables) .... only using the
dell ATM ...

- LC

I have installed a third 1600 at the Charirty, running Exchange. I am
about to switch over to local email service. This unit will make it much

Old June 7th 06, 06:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
I have installed a third 1600 at the Charirty, running Exchange. I am
about to switch over to local email service. This unit will make it much easier to manage the three servers. Toys are toys.

Old June 7th 06, 07:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
quite a deal, my friend ... i have a compaq (apex) 8x1 and a dell (apex)
16x1, and a cybex commander (8x1 with all the cables) .... only using the
dell ATM ...

- LC

I have installed a third 1600 at the Charirty, running Exchange. I am
about to switch over to local email service. This unit will make it much

Exchange sure is expensive for a charity ...

Old June 7th 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
Exchange sure is expensive for a charity ...

I must (shamefully) admit that I have no Exchange experience at all.
The charity has used off-site email hosting for many years...and, in my
opinion, it works just fine. But lately some of the employees have been
asking for things like "group calender sharing" or "central
calender"...things I cannot do with standard Outlook (without some
questionable third-party utility), but which Exchange can handle
easily.

My lack of Exchange experience makes me nervous about installing it on
the Domain Controller. You know that I have several of these full-blown
1600's available, so adding one seems like a more comforting choice.

Jeff

Old June 7th 06, 07:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Nut Cracker wrote:
i love when people list good gear with bad descriptions. keeps the lazy
buyers out and allows you to cleanup!

Hey! I just realized what you were talking about here. It is true that
the term "KVM" occurs nowhere in the title or description. People
searching for a KVM would have never been presented with this
opportunity.

The item arrived about a half-hour ago, and it IS in "new" condition.
The cables appear to have never been unkinked.

Life is good.

Jeff

Old June 7th 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
Exchange sure is expensive for a charity ...

I must (shamefully) admit that I have no Exchange experience at all.
The charity has used off-site email hosting for many years...and, in my
opinion, it works just fine. But lately some of the employees have been
asking for things like "group calender sharing" or "central
calender"...things I cannot do with standard Outlook (without some
questionable third-party utility), but which Exchange can handle
easily.

My lack of Exchange experience makes me nervous about installing it on
the Domain Controller. You know that I have several of these full-blown
1600's available, so adding one seems like a more comforting choice.

Jeff

The hosted email services I provide has group and shared calendaring. It
also interoperates with outlook nicely. I also have the exchange background,
if you need some help.

- LC