Compaq Part Numbers

Old January 30th 06, 04:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Compaq Part Numbers

"Jez T" wrote in message
Compaq (OK - HP) have this thing called technical support, and is you
phone them and ask nicely for a part number, or ask then to tell you what
a part number is, they will.

Watch yourself there, Jez ... yer starting to get sassy (not in a fun way),
and that just wont fly here.

Old February 1st 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jez T" wrote in message

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gee, thanks for taking me to "school" there, Jez.

Aren't you the guy who urged us all to throw our Compaqs onto a trash
heap? Yeah, I just checked..it WAS you.

You seem to have developped an unhealthy tendency to be condescending.
But I will admit that this message board (and indeed the WHOLE WORLD)
is a better and brighter place since you graced us with your presence.

I've been involved supporting Compaq (HP) servers for quite some time, for
all sorts of people, and I recon I've seen most of the screw-ups in the
book. From small single server sites to large 800+ HP server sites. And
like most half-decent engineers, I've screwed up plenty of times myself.

I am blunt and opinionated, and I'm usually right, but please don't
confuse that with being condescending - that would change a professional
opinion into attacking people for personal gain. I am not like that at
all. And that certainly would not be appropriate on Usenet.

you forgot sarcastic ....

and besides, my environents are bigger than yours ...how long have you been
an ASE ?

: )

Old February 2nd 06, 04:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Jez does provide some welcome amusement.

It could be a whole lot worse. Imagine how it would be if kenji had
some Compaqs!!!

Old February 3rd 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jez does provide some welcome amusement.

It could be a whole lot worse. Imagine how it would be if kenji had
some Compaqs!!!

No kidding ... that guy waffles between IT guru and complete neophyte ... I
cant figure that guy out.

Old February 3rd 06, 04:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jez does provide some welcome amusement.

It could be a whole lot worse. Imagine how it would be if kenji had
some Compaqs!!!

Do you remember the abuse i suffered when I tried to sell my Proliant 5000
Tower system in chi.forsale (about a year, year and a half ago) .... oh,
that was a bloodbath.

Old February 3rd 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Do you remember the abuse i suffered when I tried to sell my Proliant 5000
Tower system in chi.forsale (about a year, year and a half ago) .... oh,
that was a bloodbath.

I think I missed that. I'll check the archive. Do you still have the
machine?

Old February 3rd 06, 04:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you remember the abuse i suffered when I tried to sell my Proliant
5000
Tower system in chi.forsale (about a year, year and a half ago) .... oh,
that was a bloodbath.

I think I missed that. I'll check the archive. Do you still have the
machine?

No, I dont. I was able to unload that thing for about $150 to a local guy
that wanted it as a training machine for his tech's.

Old February 3rd 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Marvelous! I just found that thread...it was from January 2004. You're
right, a real bloodbath. It pains me to have missed the opportunity to
post on that one.

Old February 3rd 06, 06:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

In article .com, Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
Marvelous! I just found that thread...it was from January 2004. You're
right, a real bloodbath. It pains me to have missed the opportunity to
post on that one.

Man-o-man.. That was *very* entertaining reading!

Old February 3rd 06, 10:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Here is a follow-up on the original topic of this post. As I said, I
did get a full refund...and the guy actually gave me an additional
$4.05 to ship the two 64M sticks back to him. I believe he was simply
mistaken and had no intent to defraud. He actually handled it very
admirably.

Since then I have hit (what I consider) an ebay jackpot by winning
this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The sticks came today and all ten work perfectly. The 1600's are now at
their max (1G) and there are 5 sticks left over to put into the 3000's.

Alls well that ends well.

Jeffrey Alsip

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 April 1st 05 04:05 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 February 27th 05 01:56 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 13th 04 03:37 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM