GA-K8NXP-SLI F10 BIOS - do I *need* it?

Old November 8th 05, 06:34 PM
BillL

Default GA-K8NXP-SLI F10 BIOS - do I *need* it?

Hi,

I'm guessing that the main reason I'd need to use this BIOS is if I upgrade
my current 3200+ (winchester) to a dual core CPU - any other reasons (e.g.
stability, additional tweaking options, lower colesterol?).

TIA

BillL

Old November 8th 05, 11:57 PM
DevilsPGD

In message "BillL"
wrote:

I'm guessing that the main reason I'd need to use this BIOS is if I upgrade
my current 3200+ (winchester) to a dual core CPU - any other reasons (e.g.
stability, additional tweaking options, lower colesterol?).

There are tons of reasons to buy this motherboard, but do you need it?
What is need?

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never
stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and
Old November 9th 05, 09:06 AM
Mal

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message "BillL"
wrote:

I'm guessing that the main reason I'd need to use this BIOS is if I
upgrade
my current 3200+ (winchester) to a dual core CPU - any other reasons

(e.g.
stability, additional tweaking options, lower colesterol?).

There are tons of reasons to buy this motherboard, but do you need it?
What is need?

I think he's asking if he needs the F10 bios update ... not if he needs
the
mobo or not

It has removed 925 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old November 9th 05, 09:31 AM
DevilsPGD

In message "Mal"
wrote:

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
.. .
In message "BillL"
wrote:

I'm guessing that the main reason I'd need to use this BIOS is if I
upgrade
my current 3200+ (winchester) to a dual core CPU - any other reasons

(e.g.
stability, additional tweaking options, lower colesterol?).

There are tons of reasons to buy this motherboard, but do you need it?
What is need?

I think he's asking if he needs the F10 bios update ... not if he needs
the mobo or not

Gah, you're right. Sorry I was looking at another similar post and
apparently wasn't paying attention :|

--
'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never have snipped at all.
Old November 11th 05, 08:27 PM
Brian P Fielding

Apparently it updates the nVidia Raid BIOS to V4.84.

Dual core should run on F9 according to Gigabyte.

I don't believe it will reduce my cholesterol.

Brian

k...