Compaq Proliant DL380

Old October 23rd 05, 02:23 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

Default Compaq Proliant DL380(Array Accelerator Batteries 120978-01)

wrote in message
oups.com...
NuTCrAcKeR wrote
If the message does not say that the batteries have failed, give them
time
to charge. This is an expeced condition after a controller has been
sitting
without power for a period of 72, or more, hours.

Machine was kept running for 5 days but batteries did not get
recharged.

Would want to disable the "Press F1 key to continue" until I get new
batteries fitted.

Is there a way?

NuTCrAcKeR wrote
If the provided suggestions do not remedy the problem, write back and I
will
tell you how to disable the F1 prompt. It is NOT desireable to do,
however
can serve an end to a means while you are properly persuing a remedy for
the
real issue.

it seems that your controller, or cache module is defective. it should be
replaced.

To disable the F1 message, you must boot to the F10 menu, and at the first
menu screen press CTRL + A to get into advanced mode. Then, run the SCU.
View the options, and disable the F1 prompt. Press F10 to save and follow
the other onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need anything else

-= LC =-

Old October 24th 05, 07:31 AM

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
To disable the F1 message, you must boot to the F10 menu, and at the first
menu screen press CTRL + A to get into advanced mode. Then, run the SCU.
View the options, and disable the F1 prompt. Press F10 to save and follow
the other onscreen instructions.

This will be attempted this evening.

It would be ideal if the machines asking for keyboard plugged in can be
eliminated. Is there a way for making that happen?

With thanks and regards,
joshi

Old October 24th 05, 08:33 PM
Nut Cracker

Default Compaq Proliant DL380(Swapping processors)

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Boot Strap Processor is not lowest steping.
Recommend you change processos"

NuTCrAcKeR wrote
As recomemended, swap the positions of your two processors to see if that
remedies the problem.

On the second machine swapping two processors not only the message
disappeared, even pressing F1 is no more required.

Yes. It would be expected that the F1 prompt would go away when the
processor error message was cleared up.

-= LC =-

Old October 25th 05, 04:02 PM

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
To disable the F1 message, you must boot to the F10 menu, and at the first
menu screen press CTRL + A to get into advanced mode. Then, run the SCU.
View the options, and disable the F1 prompt. Press F10 to save and follow
the other onscreen instructions.

We could not.

We followed your instructions.

We pressed F10.

Then we pressed Ctrl+A. A message came saying that we were already in
Advanced Mode.

We went through all the menu items and sub menu items but could not
find any option to disable the F1 key.

Old October 25th 05, 04:41 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

wrote in message
oups.com...

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
To disable the F1 message, you must boot to the F10 menu, and at the
first
menu screen press CTRL + A to get into advanced mode. Then, run the SCU.
View the options, and disable the F1 prompt. Press F10 to save and follow
the other onscreen instructions.

We could not.

We followed your instructions.

We pressed F10.

Then we pressed Ctrl+A. A message came saying that we were already in
Advanced Mode.

We went through all the menu items and sub menu items but could not
find any option to disable the F1 key.

Let us know if you need anything else

-= LC =-

This is curious. I have not seen a message stating that one was already in
advanced mode before.

However, it IS in there. I dont have a machine that I can use to get to that
menu right now (since they are all running), but its in the same area as the
Table Mapping, NMI settings, etc. It will be about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way
down the page.

Its there. Trust me. If you arent seeing it, then something isnt being done
correctly. Try thost instructions on your 3000 and you should have the
expected results.

- LC

Old November 13th 05, 09:24 PM

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
This is curious. I have not seen a message stating that one was already in
advanced mode before.

However, it IS in there. I dont have a machine that I can use to get to that
menu right now (since they are all running), but its in the same area as the
Table Mapping, NMI settings, etc. It will be about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way
down the page.

Its there. Trust me. If you arent seeing it, then something isnt being done
correctly. Try thost instructions on your 3000 and you should have the
expected results.

As the ordered batteries arrived finally and once they are put in F1
issue has disappeared.
Before that we tried to disable F1 once more but could not.

There was no need to change anything else except batteries. They came
in a pack of two at cost of £25 that included delivery. They took 12
days, were sent from Netherland.