Replacing hard disk for boot volume(SCSI adapter)

Old March 28th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
ping

Default Replacing hard disk for boot volume(SCSI adapter)

Hi,

I have a Compaq ML350 G1 server running GMS mail server. I have
verified that the hard disk with OS has started to have problem. I
need to replace the hard disk.

However, this server does not comes with RAID configuration. The hard
disk is connected to Symbios Logic 896, 22910 SCSI adapter.

What is the best way to duplicate the data to another hard disk? Can
Norton Ghost do this(SCSI controller)? Another alternative that I can
think of is to convert the disk to dynamic disk(Win2K Server) and
create software RAID, follow by break the mirror and take out the
faulty drive.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks.

Old March 28th 07, 05:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
NuT CrAcKeR

"ping" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have a Compaq ML350 G1 server running GMS mail server. I have
verified that the hard disk with OS has started to have problem. I
need to replace the hard disk.

However, this server does not comes with RAID configuration. The hard
disk is connected to Symbios Logic 896, 22910 SCSI adapter.

What is the best way to duplicate the data to another hard disk? Can
Norton Ghost do this(SCSI controller)? Another alternative that I can
think of is to convert the disk to dynamic disk(Win2K Server) and
create software RAID, follow by break the mirror and take out the
faulty drive.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks.

Perform a CHKDSK operation against your drive before you create any type of
image/mirror. Ghost will do what you want it to, but you should really
consider ghosting the OS to another disk, and then getting a cheap
SmartArray controller a couple of disks, and building a hardware RAID set.
Then, restore the ghost image to that array.

- LC

Boot with scsi disk AM General 3 August 25th 05 01:50 AM
Looking for a Quantum Fireball 1.2S SCSI Hard Disk DayOn General 2 April 18th 05 01:59 PM
move a dynamic disk that contains the system or boot volume [email protected] Storage (alternative) 0 February 20th 05 08:30 PM
u320 scsi hard disk NG General Hardware 0 September 14th 04 02:09 PM
SCA SCSI hard drive w/ 68 pins adapter? Tony Low Storage (alternative) 4 August 11th 03 02:46 PM