Fan speed on ProLiant 3000 Server

Old March 6th 07, 10:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
[email protected]

Default Fan speed on ProLiant 3000 Server

On 3 Mar, 20:14, "Fpbear II" wrote:
The DL380 is a bit more advanced than the Proliant 3000. None of the HP
software downloads will allow me to lower thefanspeed through software.
However the zener diodes worked great! I cut thefanspeed in half and
lowered the noise by 10x, and the temps went up only 5C. I added anotherCPUfanin the rear, this one also running half speed, and now the temps are
exactly the same as when the fans were running full speed! Much quieter
too!

Hi,
I think i have the same problem as Fpbear II. I have an old Proliant
800 server that is very loud, it has a 12 V 0.8 A Nidec fan that
pushus 130 CFM of air and this is to much for my ears even though i
have the server in the closet.

Do you think it would work to put a resistor or a Zener diode on my
CPU fan? In the 800 model theres are 3 fans, 1 for the PSU, 1 for the
system boards (already disconnected this one) and one for the CPUs and
harddrives (mentioned above, placed rear in the chassie behind the
CPUs).

I have tried to replace it but i get a 1611 error so right now i think
the way to go is to use resistors or diodes.

/Johan

proliant 3000 franklin Compaq Servers 10 October 10th 06 03:16 AM
proliant 3000 - the second coffi Compaq Servers 1 May 6th 05 01:19 PM
Proliant 3000 Steve Battles Compaq Servers 2 November 13th 03 03:17 AM
Proliant 3000 Libra Team Compaq Computers 2 September 18th 03 04:57 PM
Proliant 3000 Libra Team Compaq Servers 2 September 18th 03 04:57 PM