Enough Power ??? ... I need your advices !!! ...

Old July 19th 03, 03:06 PM

Default Enough Power ??? ... I need your advices !!! ...

nope, you're about 100W short of stability in my opinion.

"markOpolis" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

In my neverending quest for stability, I'm wondering if my Antec

SmartPower
300W delivers enough power for my entire system...

Can anyone with a power supply knowledge tell me if 300W is enough ?
How much should I get ? 350W ? 400W ?
Any advice on a silent power supply ?

Thanx for your help.

M.

My system is as follows:
=================
Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 (i875P) - F7c BIOS default optimized settings
Intel Pentium 2.4C (2.4GHz FSB800 Hyper-Threading enabled) - runs at
40-45°Cwith Intel box cooler (Intel black thermal tape removed) - voltage
set to 1.500V
2*256Mo PC3200 A-Data (WinBond BH-5 chips) DDR Cas 2.5 dual channel
(2.5-3-3-8-7.8us) - DIMM voltage +0.1V
ATI Radeon 9500Pro 128Mo AGP8x - fastwrites disabled (aperture size = 128)
Hyundaï DeluxScan - CRT monitor
IBM 120Go HD 7200 8Mo cache (180GXP series)
Creative Soundblaster SBLive 5.1 - PCI slot
Antec SLK2600AMB enclosure - 300W SmartPower ATX12V
LiteOn LTR52246S CDRW - IDE 1
Ricoh MP 9060A Combo DVD-CDRW - IDE 0
MS Internet Keyboard - PS2 port
Logitech Wheelmouse optical - USB port
Thomson-Alcatel Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem - USB port & powered
MS ForceFeedback II joystick - USB port (extra power cable)
HP 930C inkjet printer - USB port (extra power cable)

Windows XP Pro SP1 - with every other available updates installed
ATI Catalyst 3.4 driver
Norton Internet Security Pro 2003
MS Office XP

Dead computer? Patty Homebuilt PC's 63 February 4th 05 08:06 AM
power on /reset switch problems chris Homebuilt PC's 5 January 4th 05 02:52 PM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking AMD Processors 326 November 27th 03 07:54 PM