Graphic on nVidia video card any good?

Old November 26th 03, 03:30 PM
Someone

Default Graphic on nVidia video card any good?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get an inexpensive video card and found one with the GeForce4
MX440-8X Video Card, AGP 8X, 64MB DDR at a local store.

I don't play any video games, so frame rate and such are not important, but
I need sharp text and graphic. How are the quality of the text and graphic
on the nVidia card? Or who has the best graphic currently?

Any comment is appreciated

Old November 27th 03, 07:32 AM
Sooky Grumper

DaveW wrote:
For your useage its a very good card.

Yep. It's an older budget gaming card. Aren't matrox the ones that are
best for 2D stuff and usually dual head? I think the original poster's
monitor will make a MUCH bigger difference in terms of text than the
video card.

Old November 27th 03, 09:02 AM
Someone

"Sooky Grumper" wrote in message
Yep. It's an older budget gaming card. Aren't matrox the ones that are
best for 2D stuff and usually dual head? I think the original poster's
monitor will make a MUCH bigger difference in terms of text than the
video card.

--

I have a Samsung 950p 19" monitor. But may upgrade to a 19" LCD soon.

Old November 27th 03, 10:55 AM
Sooky Grumper

Someone wrote:
"Sooky Grumper" wrote in message

Yep. It's an older budget gaming card. Aren't matrox the ones that are
best for 2D stuff and usually dual head? I think the original poster's
monitor will make a MUCH bigger difference in terms of text than the
video card.

--

I have a Samsung 950p 19" monitor. But may upgrade to a 19" LCD soon.

If you're not looking to play video games with it, why are you upgrading
the video card, if I may ask?

Old November 27th 03, 04:24 PM
Someone

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this is for the new computer which does not have
a video card yet. I'm basically borrowing the 5 year-old card from the last
system. Don't want to keep it like this. And probably a good idea to
restore the old computer before handing it over to the young cousins...

Old November 28th 03, 04:50 AM
Sooky Grumper

Someone wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this is for the new computer which does not have
a video card yet. I'm basically borrowing the 5 year-old card from the last
system. Don't want to keep it like this. And probably a good idea to
restore the old computer before handing it over to the young cousins...

Ah okay, I understand now :-) Pretty much any card with stable drivers
for your operating system should run fine. The card you've selected is
more than you'll probably need :-)

Someone wrote:

"Sooky Grumper" wrote in message

Yep. It's an older budget gaming card. Aren't matrox the ones that are
best for 2D stuff and usually dual head? I think the original poster's
monitor will make a MUCH bigger difference in terms of text than the
video card.

--

I have a Samsung 950p 19" monitor. But may upgrade to a 19" LCD soon.

If you're not looking to play video games with it, why are you upgrading
the video card, if I may ask?

monitor or graphic card problem? Krystonia5 General 2 June 22nd 04 03:49 PM
Advice on new video card Frustrated General 4 December 12th 03 03:19 PM
Graphic card problem Shep© General 2 November 25th 03 11:16 AM
Major problems with new graphic card JAD Homebuilt PC's 9 October 12th 03 07:45 PM
Nforce 2 onboard video - hows it compare to a Geforce 2 GTS card? kony General 1 August 31st 03 07:30 PM