cant burn read only files

Old August 26th 04, 04:27 PM
PCportinc

Default cant burn read only files

using cd-rw's I can burn archive or read only files using Roxio
DirectCD, but not to cd-r's.
using cdr's, I either have to change all the files' attributes or
zip all files.
Is this common?
how do I change all the files' attributes at once instead of going into all the
folders and sub-folders?

Old August 28th 04, 01:15 AM
Travis Evans

PCportinc wrote:
using cd-rw's I can burn archive or read only files using Roxio
DirectCD, but not to cd-r's.
using cdr's, I either have to change all the files' attributes or
zip all files.
Is this common?

I have not heard of this, so I'm not sure why that would happen. I don't
recall having any problems like this, but I have not used DirectCD.

how do I change all the files' attributes at once instead of going into all the
folders and sub-folders?

It depends on your operating system. On Windows ME, I've seen that if
you select a folder and view its properties, and change attributes, it
will ask you if you want the changes to apply to the folder and
everything in it, including subfolders, and you can say yes. Windows 98
doesn't appear to have this option, and I don't know about the other
versions of Windows.

The DOS 'attrib' command has a switch (I think /s) that is supposed to
allow attribute changes to everything in a folder including subfolders.
I don't have access to a Windows machine at the moment, so I don't
remember the exact syntax.

--
Travis
[Remove all three q's to demunge my email address.]
Old August 28th 04, 01:45 AM
smh

' --------------------------------------
Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
--------------------------------------

PCportinc wrote:

using cd-rw's I can burn archive or read only files using Roxio
DirectCD, but not to cd-r's.
using cdr's, I either have to change all the files' attributes or
zip all files.
Is this common?
how do I change all the files' attributes at once instead of going into all the
folders and sub-folders?

Don't think you should be messing with DirectCD.

Why, DirectCD is ditched even by none other than a Roxio Shill !!

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, Roxio doesn't need any critics!

Roxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!