halfLife 2, just another mindless shooter give it a miss.

Old September 16th 03, 12:24 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default halfLife 2, just another mindless shooter give it a miss.

Might have WOW rag doll physics.

Fantastic graphics.
Superd Sonics.
Great level design.

But all you will be doing is shooting shings OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Played one game like that you have played em all.

You will be disapointed.

Unless the release a demo and i play it and see somthing new or get
WOWED by it, don't bother i will.

Don't believe the hype been bitten to many times and so have you.

Bye.

Old September 16th 03, 12:51 AM
that bloke

Trollin', trollin' trollin'...

Old September 16th 03, 02:21 AM
Richard Dower

"Tim Miser" wrote in message
You obviously haven't watched the HL2 video.

I was stunned by that video, worth the 116 Meg download. The graphics are
amazing to say the least. One thing that i loved was the shadows and
reflections...see that roofs?, and how the sunlight reflects off them?

The texture detail on that bug is amazing, all real time reflections and
shadows. The skin textures, the vivid colors...all points toward Doom III
and photo realistic 3D simulation and graphics.

Old September 16th 03, 06:02 AM
Tim Miser

Yep, it will be one sweet game. What sold me was the interactive
environment. I think Doom 3 was delayed because those designers got that
glimpse of the competition and realized they were not even in the same
league!

-Tim

Old September 16th 03, 12:30 PM
Jamie_Manic

"Tim Miser" wrote in message
et...
Yep, it will be one sweet game. What sold me was the interactive
environment.

Indeed, graphical and technological improvements can open up new gameplay
experiences and feelings of immersion, it isn't all about eyecandy -
something the cynics forget.

Old September 16th 03, 02:23 PM
Danny

I was stunned by that video, worth the 116 Meg download. The graphics are
amazing to say the least. One thing that i loved was the shadows and
reflections...see that roofs?, and how the sunlight reflects off them?

Actually, 2 separate friends have pointed out the reflections have been
overdone.
It all looks *too* shiny they said.
Personally I can see their point but it doesn't bother me.

Old September 16th 03, 02:24 PM
Danny

Yep, it will be one sweet game. What sold me was the interactive
environment. I think Doom 3 was delayed because those designers got that
glimpse of the competition and realized they were not even in the same
league!

Doom 3 is an entirely separate game though. They're not trying to convey a
'real world' - especially as it's set on Mars against the spawn of Hades.
So why people are constantly comparing these 2 games is beyond me.

Old September 16th 03, 06:30 PM
Richard Dower

"Danny" wrote in message

I was stunned by that video, worth the 116 Meg download. The graphics

are
amazing to say the least. One thing that i loved was the shadows and
reflections...see that roofs?, and how the sunlight reflects off them?

Actually, 2 separate friends have pointed out the reflections have been
overdone.
It all looks *too* shiny they said.
Personally I can see their point but it doesn't bother me.

It was a sunny day!...what do you expect?