Jittery GeForce2MX display?

Old March 29th 04, 02:08 AM
Noozer

Default Jittery GeForce2MX display?

"Shep©" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:43:06 GMT Letting slip the dogs of war "Noozer"
wrote :

I've got a PNY Geforce 2 MX PCI card that has a jittery display. Other

than
the jitter, the picture is fine. It only jitters horizontally. The

picture
is stable vertically. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest what
might be causing it?

In text modes (BIOS screen, etc.) you barely notice any jitter. At higher
resolutions the jitter becomes more apparent. At 60hz it's more of a

wave,
with the left and right edges of the screen looking like small crescent
shapes. At 85Hz it's just a random jitter.

Power is coming from an Antec 380watt PSU and the display is fine with an
AGP ATI Radeon 9600XT, so I don't think there is a problem with the power
feeding the card.

I'm hoping it's just something like a filter capacitor or something

similar.

I'll try and post a picture of the screen and card when I get a chance...

Any suggestions on what to look for?

What O/S ?

OS independant. Most of the testing was done using the Mandrake evaluation
CD as I don't want to install drivers in my XP installation. Even happens in
BIOS settings screen.

display problem for compaq notebook 3000 series Julia Jin General 0 February 20th 04 01:01 AM
Dual-monitor Display Adapter? Sam General 1 January 22nd 04 07:45 PM
Problem in Display of ASUS MotherBoard A7V266-MX S S Robert General 0 January 12th 04 06:30 AM
DualHead Display Mat General 4 December 27th 03 08:38 AM
DISPLAY ADAPTER/DRIVERS/INFO WANTED kony General 1 August 17th 03 03:26 PM